Yes Hot Takes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok well this will get me banned but here it goes

1. Hilary Duff would of worked as yes's lead singer from 05-07 and is better then 95% of the suggestions I heard
    2. the Hiatus from 04-08 di not need to happen
    3. Much Like return trip I would love to hear Magnification with the orchestra removed and Tom Brislin adding new keyboard parts
    4. Tony Kaye is underrated
    5. Return Trip should of just been Horn and Downes finishing the townhouse sessions
    6. If Jon Anderson rerecorded the vocals on Drama Fly From Here Heaven & Earth From a Page and the Quest Half of yes fans who hate those albums would think they were brilliant and the other half wouldn't want to admit it
    7. Close to the edge is over played live by yes and the individual members
    8. Geoff Downes can play Relayer in full
    9. Yes never went down hill in quality
    10. Fish out of Water is closer to a Yes album then any Anderson solo album including Olias
    11. Syndestrucable is just awful I have tried to get into it at best it is mediocore
    12. A New way of life by MGT is an album all yes fans need to hear
    13. I actually like Howe's reworking of the Rabin era stuff and wish he would do it more often
    14. the current lineup can do 90125 and time and a word in full... they wont of course but they could and I would be front row next to DBAR)
    15. How many drugs do I have to take to enjoy ABWH and Jon's solo shows I need a number!
    16. Morning Star off the living tree is the ONLY song in Anderson's post yes career I wish yes would of done
    17. Tony kaye should of rejoined in 2015 there I said it and I am not taking it back just so people can shut up about their original member nonsense (sorry the first 2 albums only became important in some peoples minds when they can push their Anderson only agenda much like the Rock and Roll hall of fame show was supposed to heal all wounds)
    18. Billy Sherwood should of been inducted with the 8 members as he had been crucial for them surviving since 1989

\

I think that is enough to get everyone angry at me ... so I shall now Hide behind Matt brown whom I will use as a Human shield and make a dramatic exit HAHA

AND AWAY I GO

Comment

Originally posted by rabin105 View Post
      6. If Jon Anderson rerecorded the vocals on Drama Fly From Here Heaven & Earth From a Page and the Quest Half of yes fans who hate those albums would think they were brilliant and the other half wouldn't want to admit it
      I've said this ever since 90125: DRAMA should have had Jon Anderson overdub the vocals, replacing Horn.

At the time some folks thought it sacrilege, while others admitted that no one would EVER do that to ANY album EVER.

EVER.

And now Yes has done that (well . . . they allowed it to be done); Trevor Horn overdubbed the vocals on FLY FROM HERE, replacing David. The original album is out-of-print, leaving only the restructured album available commercially.

Comment

Originally posted by pianozach View Post

I've said this ever since 90125: DRAMA should have had Jon Anderson overdub the vocals, replacing Horn.

At the time some folks thought it sacrilege, while others admitted that no one would EVER do that to ANY album EVER.

EVER.

And now Yes has done that (well . . . they allowed it to be done); Trevor Horn overdubbed the vocals on FLY FROM HERE, replacing David. The original album is out-of-print, leaving only the restructured album available commercially.

I want a version of 90125 with Hilary duff on lead vocals but i guess that is just me

Comment

Big Generator is the brother of Relayer. It has the same sort of agressive/attack approach to the playing and the same avantgardistic atmosphere.

Comment

Open Your Eyes is awesome.

Get the vinyl. You will relent lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dantalion Rides Again View Post
              Union is the best 90s album
              I'll double down on that one. Union is a good album, and it really doesn't matter who played on it. In fact, Haun probably did do a better job than Howe would have at that time.

Comment

ok well this will get me banned but here it goes
                Dude, you have hot takes like this all the time! And you're still here, so...
                🤣
                Rabin-esque
                my labor of love (and obsessive research)
                rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

My favorite meme of late...

Click image for larger version

Name:	big gen debate (2).jpg
Views:	136
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	11324
                  Attached Files
                  Rabin-esque
                  my labor of love (and obsessive research)
                  rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by luna65 View Post

Dude, you have hot takes like this all the time! And you're still here, so...
                    🤣
                    because i have masterful escape plans and I look great in fake mustaches and glasses

Comment

Originally posted by Dantalion Rides Again View Post
                      Open Your Eyes is awesome.

Get the vinyl. You will relent lol.
                      DUDE I thought I was the only one who loves this album every time I listen to it

great harmonies
                      great killer guitar riifs
                      Great Bass playing great keys Like there is nothing wrong this amazign album

Comment

I am listening tio an old episode of Yessounds and is it just me or does the main riff in turbulence sound a LOT like It was all we knew?

Comment

Peter Banks overall sounds better as a guitarist than Steve Howe - more power, more tasteful and more dangerous unpredictability in his playing! He should have played on Relayer.

Comment

Your not rang. They wood of have of been at least as highly regarded as those classics OYE and Union.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris2210 View Post

Your not rang. They wood of have of been at least as highly regarded as those classics OYE and Union.
                              r/ihadastroke?

Comment

Originally posted by Esthe View Post

r/ihadastroke?
                                i am guessing he is teasing my misspellings and grammatical errors

and yet he didn't bring up Hilary Duff

Comment

Working...
                                X