(The Original) Yesfans.com is Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkshire Square View Post
    Did anyone hear the tree fall or the door slam at that final moment??
    Do we know when the final moment was? Or was it when my door was slamming. Or yours...? All trees here at least still stand where they use to stand...

Comment

One door closes and another one opens.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post

And, um, are ya gunna rank anything?
        Haha, I'll try to. I was planning on getting another post done before the old Yesfans closed, but unfortunately it shut down a day early so I didn't get the chance to. I'll try to get something done today anyways.

Comment

“Pass the Pub who saps your body
          And the church who'll snatch your money
          The Queen is dead, boys
          And it's so lonely on a limb”
          “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

A door closes . . . .

Comment

It was a sure fire way of making sure he got the last post. Well played, Tim. And thanks for a wonderful place.

Comment

RIP Yesfans 😭
                The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
                -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
                -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

RIP Yesfans - 2001-2021

Click image for larger version  Name:	476563_337312322981562_349219887_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.9 KB ID:	1177
                  Attached Files
                  "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

Comment

Sad to see it go. Huge thank you to Tim for giving us all the opportunity to have an online community to discuss (and argue about!) one of the best all-time bands. I wonder if the Webarchive/Wayback Machine will keep an archive of what the site once was. Anyway, glad to be here and see many familiar faces.

Comment

Yes, there's been a lot of captures of the site since 2003 - it just really depends on how deep the links go.
                      Rabin-esque
                      my labor of love (and obsessive research)
                      rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Wow the 2001 incarnation really does look ancient, think I joined 05/06 ish.
                        So long old Yesfans and thanks for the memories, it brought a lot of enjoyment over the years. Looking forward to engaging in the new home for Yesfans here.

CHECK OUT MY BAND SAHARA SKY AT.. https://open.spotify.com/artist/6Vl3kHvkM19m2PdFRFRsr1 🙂

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire Square View Post
                          Did anyone hear the tree fall or the door slam at that final moment??
                          I believe that was just someone listening to the end of “We Have Heaven.”

Comment

Thanks again Tim.

“Yesterday's endings will tomorrow life give you”

Comment

I felt bad visiting here while the old site was still going. Thanks to John for setting this up!

Comment

It felt strange to see Tim’s message this morning before the allotted time, and with no ability to look at the forums anymore. It was like a real bereavement somehow. I have also gone back to YesFans to see if it is still “live” and showing that message , which is ridiculous behaviour because why should that matter now?

Comment

Working...
                                X