No announcement yet.

Taylor Hawkins is Dead at Age 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Davison appeared on two of Hawkins' side projects. He sang backing vocals on two tracks on the 2014's The Birds of Satan and on one track of 2019's Get the Money.

Comment

Hawkins added a very nice and suitably Wilsonesque vocal to this unreleased Dennis Wilson track that came out on the reissue of Pacific Ocean Blue.

”The one you love is everywhere
      He is everywhere
      And you can follow”

“Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

Jon Davison via Yesofficial twitter:

Comment

I'm not familiar with Taylor, and familiar with Foo Fighters only by name, but how horrible for somebody to die so young. So sad!

Comment

Alan on Facebook....

Comment

Taylor and Jon as kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post
                Jon Davison via Yesofficial twitter:

https://twitter.com/yesofficial/stat...61GJHQULQ&s=19
                gutted for Jon
                The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
                -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
                -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

Terrible to hear but even more heartbreaking that an overdose is likely cause. 10 different substances in his system and passes away alone. He evidently did call for help but not in time.

Colombian police believe the death of FOO FIGHTERS drummer Taylor Hawkins was drug related .

The 50-year-old musician was found dead in a hotel room at the Casa Medina in Bogota on Friday (March 25).

Earlier today, the Office Of The Attorney General Of Colombia released a statement indicating that Taylor Hawkins had 10 substances in his bloodstream, including THC (marijuana), antidepressants, benzodiazepine, and opioids, at the time of his death.

"The National Institute for Legal Medicine will continue medical studies to find what events led to the death of Taylor Hawkins," the office wrote in a tweet on Saturday. "The Office of the Attorney General of Colombia will continue its investigation and will inform [the public] about the results in a timely manner."

A short time after Hawkins's death, the Metropolitan Police Of Bogota released a statement published by several news outlets in Colombia, including Bogota's El Tiempo, in which they said: "According to those close to him, the death could be related to the consumption of narcotic substances." But they cautioned: "The cause of death has yet to be established."

In a statement, the Bogota municipal government said the city's emergency center received a report of a patient with "chest pain" and sent an ambulance on Friday evening. Paramedics attempted to revive him but there was no response and Hawkins was declared dead at the hotel in northern Bogota, the statement added.

Luis Carlos Velez, the director of local radio station La FM, said that a police officer who entered Hawkins's hotel room had told prosecutors he saw a "cocaine-like" white powder. Colombian authorities also "found an empty beer can, an opened bottle of vodka, a Coca-Cola bottle and some other articles which are being analyzed," he said. But he added that "drug use has not been confirmed yet."

Comment

It’s very sad for his wife and children. I’m not remotely a Foo Fighters guy, but Hawkins was nothing if not an eager and voracious student of rock music. He knew about Bonham. He knew about Moon. He knew about Dennis Wilson too, but addiction was apparently such a powerful master that he was unable to avoid following in their tragic footsteps despite that knowledge.
                    “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

Reminds me sadly of Heath Ledger's death. From a cocktail of drugs. Some opioids. Some recreational. Heath was an an extrovert who loved partying with loads of different people. Living that fast will kill you, in your 20s let alone in your 50s.

One report has said he had an oversized overextended heart. Twice normal size.

More details will soon emerge.
                      Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 03-26-2022, 06:00 PM.

Comment

My heart goes out to his Family and Friends and fans he has touched. As I read it is apparent he was good to everyone.

But frankly, IF drug use/overdose is the cause, of his own doing, then I don’t find it tragic. I find the situation maddening.

He is 50. He has a wife. He has kids. He has responsibilities.

I find it selfish and irresponsible, and a damn shame he chose drugs over his family.

Sorry.

Alcohol and drugs are a choice.

Im sure this pisses off a lot of folks. My apologies in advance. Sorry. I know the alternate views. I understand them. I respectfully don’t agree. I am just not a person who accepts drug abuse as an excuse and definitely not a disease. Just me.

Comment

Some reports talk about an enlarged heart as well. Guy seemed to always have a cigarette in his mouth as well. Cocktail of drugs in system not good. Hawkins was vaccinated as well, which has more side affects than has been previously reported.

Yup, can't take anything for granted. You get a certain age, your chances of your system overcoming things is greatly diminished, plus you never know what shit you are actually getting. Guy had issues previously, the rock and roll live style along with what many artists and musicians suffer with, it's difficult, and sometimes, it just doesn't matter how much you love your kids, and what they mean to you. Certainly won't,t be the last musician this happens to .

However, seeing and hanging out with my elderly parents lately, and what is happening to them, and the problems they have, and how they are acting at times, and the old folks that live in my dad's building, and the old people in the rehab and senior living that my mom is temporarily in, after her knee surgery, who really wants to get too old?

As some of my older customers have said, the golden years, aren't that golden, and that's putting it mildly. I try to enjoy every day. My goal is to get my seventeen year old through six years of college after high school, and hopefully live long enough to see a grandchild by the time she hits thirty. That's my plan, but in reality, it's always one day at a time. Taylor did some awesome things like we all have done, if we are lucky. Time to celebrate the man, not just to mourn or be depressed. We all have to go sometime. My dad was all worried during the pandemic. I told him early on that it's a fact we are all going to die at some point. What is the point of living, if you can't enjoy your life? Life is short.

Comment

The heart weighed 600 grams. Twice that of the average male heart. How that affects health I don't know. His media-friendly approach to his addiction was to say he went mountain biking in the hills to beat it. If only. Would seem he had a working routine of drug taking that he thought he could manage.

Looks like it caught up with him. Sure a great life filled with achievements but life should be long. Everyone should, if sensible, live to see grandchildren play. As Rob says and hopes. Drug taking ain't glamorous. Self medication is not a long term solution. Hope this is highlighted goin' forward.
                            Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 03-26-2022, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtkgasman View Post
                              My heart goes out to his Family and Friends and fans he has touched. As I read it is apparent he was good to everyone.

But frankly, IF drug use/overdose is the cause, of his own doing, then I don’t find it tragic. I find the situation maddening.

He is 50. He has a wife. He has kids. He has responsibilities.

I find it selfish and irresponsible, and a damn shame he chose drugs over his family.

Sorry.

Alcohol and drugs are a choice.

Im sure this pisses off a lot of folks. My apologies in advance. Sorry. I know the alternate views. I understand them. I respectfully don’t agree. I am just not a person who accepts drug abuse as an excuse and definitely not a disease. Just me.
                              Then I'm sorry to say you're flying in the face of scientific research and evidence. You could just as well say you're just not a person who accepts the earth is round.

Comment

It's only been a day folks. Can we not try to keep it at least respectful, and keep the personal, and potentially hurtful and harmful opinions, for another time and another thread?
                                Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                                Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Working...
                                X