TFTO Live Tour - Soundboard recordings : “ they do exist”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFTO Live Tour - Soundboard recordings : “ they do exist”

Classic Album Review’s Top 10 Prog live albums nicely puts Yessongs in number one spot.

https://youtu.be/Nuex-dOrEBM

The reviewer when talking about Yes mentions right near the end “ I have it on good authority that Soundboard recordings of the TFTO tour do exist”.

Would be good if this was true, and someone did something about them , cleaned them up and do a proper release.

It would be wonderful!
    I've wondered why there are no radio broadcasts from that tour, but there are from 1975/76? As far as I've seen they're all audience recordings. Am I missing something crucial and obvious?
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Not really radio broadcast material would be my guess. That and the smell of curry...

Comment

It's high time 'The Remembering' is released in a live context, be it on a decent sounding archive released or resurrected for today's Yes show at some point. It is a magical Yes track in the catalogue and one of my favorites. Tales 4eva!

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwaveseeker View Post
          It's high time 'The Remembering' is released in a live context, be it on a decent sounding archive released or resurrected for today's Yes show at some point. It is a magical Yes track in the catalogue and one of my favorites. Tales 4eva!
          Even though I like to think of and listen to Tales as a single piece of music in four parts, I think The Remembering is probably my favourite piece of Yesmusic. It's so layered and rich and evocative on every level, and that climax absolutely SOARS. Pure magic.

Comment

I love The Remembering, too. In context, out of context, anywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Susanne View Post
              I love The Remembering, too. In context, out of context, anywhere...
              ....even on shuffle? 🤔

Comment

I love the opening theme, the 'High the memory carry on...', and how it recurs later in the track, but not enough to overdo it. I originally thought they needed to stay with that part a little longer, but they do play a bit of it during the 'relayer...' part. Also love Rick's dreamy synth and mellotron washes in the quiet parts, it really does evoke the sea or ocean.

I suppose Topographic Oceans is Yes' symphony and works best as one continuous work, though I think Ritual is the one track that works on its own without the rest of Tales. Maybe it sounds like that to me because I first heard the Yesshows Ritual months before I heard the rest of Tales. When I finally got Tales, on my first listen, I listened to each side in reverse order starting with Ritual because I already knew it. Weird, I know...

Comment

I love the opening theme, the 'High the memory carry on...', and how it recurs later in the track, but not enough to overdo it. I originally thought they needed to stay with that part a little longer, but they do play a bit of it during the 'relayer...' part. Also love Rick's dreamy synth and mellotron washes in the quiet parts, it really does evoke the sea or ocean.

I suppose Topographic Oceans is Yes' symphony and works best as one continuous work, though I think Ritual is the one track that works on its own without the rest of Tales. Maybe it sounds like that to me because I first heard the Yesshows Ritual months before I heard the rest of Tales. When I finally got Tales, on my first listen, I listened to each side in reverse order starting with Ritual because I already knew it. Weird, I know...
                  Apart from the first half or so of Revealing on a late-night radio programme, the first time Tales was live, Nov 24, 1973. I'm fairly sure it hadn't even been released then so none of the audience would have heard it. I got it for Xmas that year.

Comment

I feel like the song could’ve been better if they shortened the long keyboard noodling sections. It was an okay transition between the “Out in the city…” section and the “Don the cap…” one, but all the other times it just makes it feel like they’re padding it out, which they probably were. But they could’ve at least made it more subtle.

Comment

if it was affordable I would buy it. I still wish they would release the individual Union shows so I can buy per disc

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post

....even on shuffle? 🤔
                        Especially on shuffle ☺

Comment

I hope this is true. Would love a nice-sounding Tales show, especially one from the February 74 leg when all four sides were still being performed!

I assume most of you already have or have heard the audience tapes from Madison Square Garden, or Boston, or Detroit.... or LA... or...etc etc.

But to have a pro-recording would be sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by cybrkhatru View Post
                            I hope this is true. Would love a nice-sounding Tales show, especially one from the February 74 leg when all four sides were still being performed!

I assume most of you already have or have heard the audience tapes from Madison Square Garden, or Boston, or Detroit.... or LA... or...etc etc.

But to have a pro-recording would be sweet.
                            Matt Brown is it really you?

Comment

Originally posted by rabin105 View Post

Matt Brown is it really you?

(looks around)

uhh... maybe?

Yeah it's me. Hey Danny.

Comment

Working...
                              X