Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fragile - The Only New Music

"We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

...and it's new/old, of course. But still, as I opined back when it finally surfaced, I was happy to finally hear the complete song.
    Rabin-esque
    my labor of love (and obsessive research)
    rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Too bad, there wasn't more, I liked this , had good potential. I also always enjoyed John, Chris, Trevor singing together. John and Trevor works as well. Good energy.

Comment

Lovely song. While it has recognisable Rabin-isms, Anderson-isms and (less so) Wakeman-isms, it also had a fresh new sound. Oddly, it reminded me of the soundtrack to the film "Youth", notable for including a cover of "Onward".

Comment

Curious if this was the only music that YesF put together...what about the three decent tracks Wakey talked about, which they thought were worty to release them? A little odd that they did not play Fragile in their 2018 shows. And what about that interesting music from tape they had at the beginning of their shows?

Comment

My theory is that the new walk-on music was also something which Trevor had left over from a scoring project. I could be wrong about that, though.

As for the demos they all said they'd been working on, and why then the only song they could actually finish was already wholly written and tracked and therefore the additional contributions were added on...well, one can make up their own minds about what actually happened, or not.
            Rabin-esque
            my labor of love (and obsessive research)
            rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

still disappointed about ARW I asked Rick personally about it way back in 2010, when rumours were circulating- he wanted an album made then.
              The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
              -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
              -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

Originally posted by luna65 View Post
                My theory is that the new walk-on music was also something which Trevor had left over from a scoring project. I could be wrong about that, though.

As for the demos they all said they'd been working on, and why then the only song they could actually finish was already wholly written and tracked and therefore the additional contributions were added on...well, one can make up their own minds about what actually happened, or not.
                Having heard that sweet walk in music and the amount of other songs played on the last tour they should have released a 2nd live album with all that and Fragile as a especial bonus track. They have enough stuff to do another live album. Hell even diff versions of stuff that IS on the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by 1yesfan View Post

Having heard that sweet walk in music and the amount of other songs played on the last tour they should have released a 2nd live album with all that and Fragile as a especial bonus track. They have enough stuff to do another live album. Hell even diff versions of stuff that IS on the first one.

Yep. That would be something that would sell....Especially without that horrid Faked Crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterCologne View Post
                    Curious if this was the only music that YesF put together...what about the three decent tracks Wakey talked about, which they thought were worty to release them?
                    Some version of "Bolero" was released on Wakeman's Red Planet and there is "Fragile" for 15 minutes, almost a third of an album. Anderson said in late 2018 that they had half an album. Rabin said in early 2017 that they had written four long-form songs and thought two would be recorded later that summer. We'll know more when Rabin's solo album is released on Jonesy's Jukebox show next year.

Comment

Originally posted by luna65 View Post

Originally posted by yamishogun View Post

Some version of "Bolero" was released on Wakeman's Red Planet and there is "Fragile" for 15 minutes, almost a third of an album. Anderson said in late 2018 that they had half an album. Rabin said in early 2017 that they had written four long-form songs and thought two would be recorded later that summer. We'll know more when Rabin's solo album is released on Jonesy's Jukebox show next year.
                      Jon saying they have half an album would not really convince me, but Trevor sayin they have four songs ready to record would. He does not fantasize half as much. If I make my mind up why nothing has been released so far I just must take also into consideration that the stuff maybe ist just not as good as they hoped it would be. But who knows... bring on the big surprise of 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by 1yesfan View Post

I'd love that

Comment

Originally posted by PeterCologne View Post
                          Jon saying they have half an album would not really convince me, but Trevor sayin they have four songs ready to record would. He does not fantasize half as much. If I make my mind up why nothing has been released so far I just must take also into consideration that the stuff maybe ist just not as good as they hoped it would be. But who knows... bring on the big surprise of 2023.
                          Someone who was rarely posting on YesFans wrote that he had heard the music ARW was working on and it was the most inspired Yes like music he had heard in a long time. Rabin said in 2016 that the problem they faced was that they had too much music and that it would take patience to whittle that down to an album. We also know that Rabin really liked Wakeman's 20 minutes of music, "Bolero" that later turned up in a different 10 minute version on Red Planet and that Rabin said at the end of 2016 that he was writing most of the music. Music from Anderson was never mentioned apart that Rabin said he was adding great contributions. Maybe Andesron insisted one of his songs go on the album and Rabin didn't think it would work. My guess is that there were at least two major reasons why the album wasn't made.

Comment

Someone who was rarely posting on YesFans wrote that he had heard the music ARW was working on and it was the most inspired Yes like music he had heard in a long time.
                            Nothing like this song then?

Comment

Someone who was rarely posting on YesFans wrote that he had heard the music ARW was working on and it was the most inspired Yes like music he had heard in a long time. Rabin said in 2016 that the problem they faced was that they had too much music and that it would take patience to whittle that down to an album. We also know that Rabin really liked Wakeman's 20 minutes of music, "Bolero" that later turned up in a different 10 minute version on Red Planet and that Rabin said at the end of 2016 that he was writing most of the music. Music from Anderson was never mentioned apart that Rabin said he was adding great contributions. Maybe Andesron insisted one of his songs go on the album and Rabin didn't think it would work. My guess is that there were at least two major reasons why the album wasn't made.
                              Yes, might be the case that Rabin and Anderson clashed about songs. Andersons music of the recent ten or so years IMO wasn't worse but also not really better than what Yes-official released.

Anyway, I think it is highly interesting that the only song we know is a pimped Rabin-instrumental that already had been released. Even if it is quite good, actually still the best Yesmusic of the recent 10 years or even more, it is somewhat dubious. Would have been more convincing if they had popped outn entirely new song.

But anyway, if all that material exits that Rabin was speaking about and that some Yesfans presumably has heard - it would be odd if it never will see the light of day. Sooner ot later most hidden stuff gets released ion some form.

Comment

Working...
                              X