• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yamishogun View Post
    So, some in the band is Anderson?
    Wakeman just as much, I hazard.

Comment

I saw 2 ARW shows. Fantastic!. My reading between the lines as to their ending was it was Rabin who had enough. Their final shows were a very brief 10 shows or so over a couple of weeks in October. The plan was for more extensive touring the next year but before the final 10 shows Rabin was talking about how everyone was getting older and extensive touring was out.

Wakeman wanted to continue for sure. ARW did a few tours over 3 years. It was great. The players do not owe anything to the fans.

Rabin's voice was on and off during the tours. He also does not rely on touring for his livelihood. I think Rabin was the one that decided to move on and that is OK. I was glad to get what we got.

Comment

I'm surprised it is spring and there hasn't been a word about Rabin's album that is expected to be released this year.

Comment

All these guys are old or getting old. Touring is hard work. You sleep in different hotels every night. You are traveling on buses or the occasional commercial flight. You are eating hotel food.

For everyone that is getting older and is in good health and active they know what it is like just to get in that comfortable position when sleeping and then when they fall to sleep the old prostrate and bladder wakes them up and the process of sleeping starts all over again.

These guys suffer from the same issues. You even get a feel of it from Wakeman'a twitter posts.

My guess is Rabin had enough. He decided to go back and score films from the comfort of his studio. Albums at an advancing age may or may not come to fruition. The process is alot longer than when the young brain is full of stimulation.

Comment

Originally posted by alex peters View Post
            My guess is Rabin had enough. He decided to go back and score films from the comfort of his studio. Albums at an advancing age may or may not come to fruition.
            It's hard to believe Rabin won't be releasing an album this year when he said he was halfway finished in 2017 and said last year he was going to release it this year.

Comment

Originally posted by yamishogun View Post

It's hard to believe Rabin won't be releasing an album this year when he said he was halfway finished in 2017 and said last year he was going to release it this year.
              I love Rabin's material and I love his time with Yes and ARW. Maybe he is tied up 6 days per week scoring films and has no time for anything else?

Comment

My guess is Rabin had enough. He decided to go back and score films from the comfort of his studio.
                Except...uh, not so much. Since 2018 he has only produced (meaning: it actually happened) part of an official film score for someone he's worked with before.

Maybe he is tied up 6 days per week scoring films and has no time for anything else?
                If he was, don't you think we would have seen the proof by now? We're going on nearly four years now.

ETA: my dates were off previously.
                Last edited by luna65; 03-27-2022, 09:11 AM.
                Rabin-esque
                my labor of love (and obsessive research)
                rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by luna65 View Post
                  Except...uh, not so much. Since 2017 he has only produced (meaning: it actually happened) part of an official film score for someone he's worked with before.

If he was, don't you think we would have seen the proof by now? We're going on nearly five years now.
                  Yes, good point! Maybe covid? ARW did go till late 2018? I think! I am guessing without actually looking it up. That is 3 1/2 years ago. Then covid.

Maybe he actually wants to sleep late, drink a bloody mary and take a long walk on Venice Beach several days a week.

Maybe he wants to just retire and do very little. Maybe he has a health issue. It could be many reasons

Comment

Yes, good point! Maybe covid? ARW did go till late 2018? I think! I am guessing without actually looking it up. That is 3 1/2 years ago. Then covid.

Maybe he actually wants to sleep late, drink a bloody mary and take a long walk on Venice Beach several days a week.

Maybe he wants to just retire and do very little. Maybe he has a health issue. It could be many reasons
                    Maybe he’s dead and his family are trying to hide it.

Comment

ARW did go till late 2018? I think! I am guessing without actually looking it up.
                      Whoops! You're right, I am going to edit that.

Originally posted by Esthe View Post
                      Maybe he’s dead and his family are trying to hide it.
                      Okay I laughed but in Hollywood you can't get away with that kind of thing these days.
                      Last edited by luna65; 03-27-2022, 09:12 AM.
                      Rabin-esque
                      rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

The last time that he discussed the album was in September 2020 when he said on SOAL Night Live that he was two-thirds done and that when writing movie scores he would only work on the album in between the cracks of a busy schedule. When ARW started, Rabin said he had almost no time to work on it. He added that he could have been finished but keeps adding new things and hoped "that it doesn't continue infinitely." He isn't limiting the album to one genre of music and the shorter songs are quite long.

I just looked at Yes: Where Are They Now and in 2020 Rabin said there will be a version of "Silent Spring" from "Endless Dream" on the album.
                        Last edited by yamishogun; 03-27-2022, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by luna65 View Post
                          Whoops! You're right, I am going to edit that.

Okay I laughed but in Hollywood you can't get away with that kind of thing these days.
                          The success of 90125 has probably given his estate enough money to bribe the news into not reporting it.

Comment

Oh, he had money long before that. Trevor has generational wealth on his side. But I'm trying to think if I've seen a photo of him from this year yet, hmmm, A few from last year, around the time his granddaughter was born, and he looked fine.
                            Rabin-esque
                            rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

is ARW completely over? Do we have any hope that they can get inspired again?
                              The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
                              -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
                              -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

I think it is possible that the ARW promoter in 2018 put out all these huge touring plans for 2019 without conferring with the 3 main players and Mr. Rabin said hold on a minute this is not what I want to do in 2019.

Comment

Working...
                                X