No announcement yet.

ARW priority: Tour, or New Album?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course I'd love an album or EP or whatever from them, but I don't see that happening. Nor was I ever holding my breath for one either.
    Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
    My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

An album. A wonderful, wonderful album.

Comment

Last year, Anderson seemed to insist that he needed an album released if he was going to tour with ARW again.

Comment

An album absolutely, but I dont think it will happen
          The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
          -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
          -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

Tour if setlist if MUCH diff, or studio album in that order.

Comment

Originally posted by soundchaser09 View Post
              An album absolutely, but I dont think it will happen
              It doesn't really matter what we want. In the unlikely event of ARW reconvening, their priorities would be:
              • Hold lots of press conferences and talk ceaselessly about their quintessentiality and how they are holy trinity.
              • Badmouth Yes at every opportunity - we don't like them, they're not very good.
              • Tell us how they have four long tracks/half an album/23 seconds of music written/recorded/sketched out on the back of a cig packet.
              • Promise us that the album/EP/mp3 rehash will be released in 2023/2025/when hell freezes over/has actually been released but was so short you missed it.
              • Commission another highly superior logo and release a range of quality merchandise to rival the exquisite products already available.

Comment

Definitely an album. It was a privilege to see them live in 2017, but one last top-tier Yes album would be a dream come true. Invention of Knowledge, The Red Planet and especially Jacaranda prove that the three still have it in them to make good progressive music. An inspired combination of those talents and styles would make for an excellent Yes album. If I remember correctly, Trevor implied in an interview that part of the problem is that he'd much rather do things in the studio, whereas Jon has become very enamoured with the online file sharing method of collaboration. Maybe it just isn't realistic to expect compromises from two notoriously headstrong artists who've become accustomed to having full control over their work.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire Square View Post

It doesn't really matter what we want. In the unlikely event of ARW reconvening, their priorities would be:
                  • Hold lots of press conferences and talk ceaselessly about their quintessentiality and how they are holy trinity.
                  • Badmouth Yes at every opportunity - we don't like them, they're not very good.
                  • Tell us how they have four long tracks/half an album/23 seconds of music written/recorded/sketched out on the back of a cig packet.
                  • Promise us that the album/EP/mp3 rehash will be released in 2023/2025/when hell freezes over/has actually been released but was so short you missed it.
                  • Commission another highly superior logo and release a range of quality merchandise to rival the exquisite products already available.
                  🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂🤣😂

Comment

Originally posted by OnwardToSunhillow View Post
                    Trevor implied in an interview that part of the problem is that he'd much rather do things in the studio, whereas Jon has become very enamoured with the online file sharing method of collaboration. Maybe it just isn't realistic to expect compromises from two notoriously headstrong artists who've become accustomed to having full control over their work.
                    We've heard different things about file sharing over the years. Around 2010, Wakeman said that sharing files was working out great and that the three were making incredible music that way, whereas in 2019 he said the main reason there was no ARW album is because they live too far apart and that you need a month together to make good music. Anderson has said how he just wanted to get together to make new music, implying the others no longer did.

Rabin in early 2020: " I absolutely loved playing AND hanging with Rick on the ARW tours 2016-2018. We still communicate all the time." No mention of Anderson in 2020 that I recall.

Comment

LOL - and still play live in a way that has more life, verve, fun, better musicianship and just sound way better than Yes original

Comment

Originally posted by highfell View Post

LOL - and still play live in a way that has more life, verve, fun, better musicianship and just sound way better than Yes original
                        LOL back at yer - good joke!

😂😂😂

Comment

You are right in so far that it is disappointing that YesF did not deliver more after their fine liveshows and the promising Fragile and some little Rock 'n' Roll-wit with some charming teasing (holy trinity and stuff). While it is on the other hand disappointing that the recent incarnations of Yes-Official continues under the name of Yes and delivers uninspired albums and and even worse lifeless shows.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterCologne View Post

You are right in so far that it is disappointing that YesF did not deliver more after their fine liveshows and the promising Fragile and some little Rock 'n' Roll-wit with some charming teasing (holy trinity and stuff). While it is on the other hand disappointing that the recent incarnations of Yes-Official continues under the name of Yes and delivers uninspired albums and and even worse lifeless shows.
                            LOL - I see you got the same Christmas cracker jokes as our pal Highfell. 🙄🙄

Comment

LOL - I see you got the same Christmas cracker jokes as our pal Highfell. 🙄🙄
                              If you are right then a lot of Yesfans must have gotten them - and already some Christmases before...

Comment

I really hope Trevor Rabin will do an effort to release his solo album then help produce an ARW album
                                "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

Comment

Working...
                                X