ARW what do you believe they did?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris2210 View Post
    Anderson has a strange way of expressing reality, we all know that. I imagine it was his customary way of misquoting what he’s thinking: “We have a lot of half-arsed material for an album”.
    You have the same inside sources that Henry has? Telepathy, perhaps?

Comment

Maybe I'm the only one, but I really like "Fragile", even if it's unfinished.

Comment

This is all speculative soil that has been ploughed over innumerable times and yielded nothing but petty personal sniping and and pettier antagonisms. Why not just let it be?
        Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
        Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Perhaps Lee got a hold of some of Jon's pixie dust, er weed. He won't be the first, or the last to tell a tall tale in the land of Jon and company.

Btw, is it just me, but I've never seen King Diamond, or Dio for that matter, being at the same place, same time with Jon Anderson. Coincidence? I'm going to ask Lee about this, the next time I see him.

Comment

Originally posted by cybrkhatru View Post
            I do too. And it's finished - it may not sound that way, but it is.
            Rabin-esque
            my labor of love (and obsessive research)
            rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by luna65 View Post

I do too. And it's finished - it may not sound that way, but it is.
              The quick fade was what made me think it wasn't finished. but I dig it just like it is!

Comment

Originally posted by luna65 View Post

It was already a completed song which had been written for a scoring project. So Rick and Jon just augmented it.
                Yup. And Rick was not very excited about the track and direction... I have a feeling that even though Rick and Trevor had a major bromance going, they only vibed live. And even live I heard clashes stylistically. I'm pretty sure that the style of new music Trevor was keen on, Rick didn't get, and some of the twinkly Rick Rick stuff Trevor must have not been too excited about. Other than "Bolero", which Trevor said was great. The 3 chef's just had 3 beefy and milky recipes they all felt strongly about, but some were lactose intolerant and vegetarian.

It still baffles me after all the years of grandstanding how great the new music was from all 3 guys, all we got was Trevor's practically finished song Fragile, which they just added a few parts to. I don't buy the whole record deal thing either. They could have easily recorded/funded it at Trevors, put it out, and made the lion share of the profits, instead of getting some recoupable advance from a label. Obviously they just weren't that excited about it in the end... Otherwise they would have made it happen. IMHO

I haven't been that excited about any new music Jon has done since Magnification. Even Chris, Steve, and Alan, weren't that excited about his new "Yes music" ideas he presented in 2006-7. So maybe they just didn't have anything worth making into an album. Rick talking about an EP points to this. Half or more must have just been so-so... And they all couldn't agree on which songs they ALL liked. 3 chef's...
                Last edited by Somis Sound; 04-13-2022, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yamishogun View Post

You have the same inside sources that Henry has? Telepathy, perhaps?
                  Possibly Henry and I are both looking at Jon’s track record. I regard the man as something of a musical visionary, but his career is littered with half-finished projects and grand schemes that never seem to make it beyond the grandiosity of their casual announcement.

We are talking about the same Jon Anderson here, yes?

For the record I too thought Fragile/Touch was a fairly good song, but it seems to be something from Trevor’s archives with a short addition by Anderson.

If they did rehearse/record any more material they either fell out over its quality or agreed it wasn’t worth any additional effort to put it out. I don’t think you need any magical powers of cognition to come to that conclusion. Why would anyone invest a substantial amount of creative energy and just discard it otherwise?

Are you a Go West fan by any chance?

Comment

https://youtu.be/iKAginGVpVI

Comment

Actually I was thinking more…

Comment

ARW closed their eyes. But Yamz may be the KOWT...

Comment

Originally posted by cybrkhatru View Post
                          I love it as well, in spite of the over compressed production. Wouldnt necessarily want it redone or covered again if Jon is involved, he tends to ruin lyrics by adding things like bluebirds.

Comment

I've not voted as I don't think the poll captures the possibilities that well! There were demos, but I think there's a difference between a band member emailing around a demo or idea of theirs and the three actually collaboratively working on something. The former seems to have happened; the latter, much less so.

We know they did something together because we know of "Fragile/Touch". I don't think there's reams of collaboration beyond that song. I would guess there's close to nothing else. But we don't know what we don't know!

Comment

Originally posted by yamishogun View Post
                              I'm curious if Henry thinks Pomeroy was telling the truth without using a strawman of "Well, he could have meant 5 minutes or 50 minutes." I'm curious if Henry thinks Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman ever told the truth with respect to how the album was progressing in 2016 and 2017 - or exchanging music in 2011.
                              I think you (a) massively over-interpret off-the-cuff remarks and (b) lack basic logic skills.

Comment

Originally posted by bondegezou View Post
                                There were demos, but I think there's a difference between a band member emailing around a demo or idea of theirs and the three actually collaboratively working on something. The former seems to have happened; the latter, much less so.
                                This.

Comment

Working...
                                X