Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaaagggghhhh!
    Stop responding to him!
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

It's fun, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
        Aaaagggghhhh!
        Stop responding to him!
        You might want to try Sam Harris' meditation podcast. I hear it's quite good and cheaper than talking to Henry once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post

So, Valles Marineres is a result of ARW working together in productive capacity now? Because that's what JMKUSA talked about and which you 'countered' with your Fragile argument.
          Of course they worked on "Bolero" after Wakeman brought in a long piece of music and Rabin said what ended up on The Red Planet "ultimately ended up being something a little different - I think it would have ended up more prog rocky."

Comment

OMG are there still people talking about this imploded project that never really was...

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp On Attack View Post
              OMG are there still people talking about this imploded project that never really was...
              I mean, like, totally OMG! Gag me with a spoon!

Apparently so.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp On Attack View Post
                Yes but to be fair… Jon swears it’s coming out next year

Comment

Originally posted by rabin105 View Post

Yes but to be fair… Jon swears it’s coming out next year
                  Not before 1000 Hands 2: The Return Trip is released.

Comment

Originally posted by yamishogun View Post

Not before 1000 Hands 2: The Return Trip is released.
                    Trevor horn is now redoing Jon Anderson solo albums

well it is Halloween I guess everyone is entitled to one good scare

Comment

I heard whispers that Beetle spilled vodka on the hard drive and all of those holy grail files were destroyed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	215
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	29116

Comment

Really enjoyed the show, came out with a concert video but never released any new music.

Comment

Isnt the title of this forum "ARW what do you believe they did?"- So, they did a lot of touring in Nth America and a bit in the UK- thats mostly what they did do! They released, via Jonesy's Show, a not quite finished TR song with Rick's noodlings and JA doing some harmonies... we are lead to believe they were working on some tracks but it appears not all in the same studio at the same time- Anything else is speculation and inference. For me, only having YT videos to go by- I thought they out performed YesO live- they were much tighter, had more energy and having JA means, to my ears, they sounded far more authentic. I Though Fragile-Touch, or whatever its called- was a better AOR track than anything YesO has released from FFH on. Is it a shame they couldnt get an album finished- Yes! At least we have Live at the Apollo which apart form the fake crowd noise it a pretty good indicator of what they actually did!-

Comment

in this day and age it is possible for people to collaberate and compose together without ever meeting up to do so. My own band - as many others did - recorded and released a single over the lock doen period without us being in the studio at ay time together. it was difficult and streange but it worked and i'm not sure anyone other than us could notice a difference to if we had all gone into the studio together.

Having said that, it coud be that the three of them just didnt click as a compositional group. Trev isnt really much of a collaberator in the classic sense. i dont think theres anything wrong with that , he's a composer and a songwriter, as are JA and RW. It could be that RW and TR's styles just didnt coalesce - the stuff RW and TR did on the return to the centre of the earth would bear that out - it's pretty awful. It could be Rick and Trev play well together but dont write well together.

if you're interested, here's our song we did

Comment

There's a lot of videos on YouTube that strip out instruments to just leave the bass or the vocals, or the drums. Surely the same means could be used to strip out the fake crowd noise on the ARW at the Apollo live video?
                              Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                              Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
                                There's a lot of videos on YouTube that strip out instruments to just leave the bass or the vocals, or the drums. Surely the same means could be used to strip out the fake crowd noise on the ARW at the Apollo live video?
                                I think many of those are isolated tracks (instruments and voices) from tapes from the original recordings sessions.

Comment

Working...
                                X