No announcement yet.

ARW what do you believe they did?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We know what they did. Belief isn't required.
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
      We know what they did. Belief isn't required.
      How is it possible to know what they did in 2011 or 2016-2018 apart from what they have said? The power of telepathy among some Yes fans rivals that of Anderson's.

Comment

Originally posted by yamishogun View Post

How is it possible to know what they did in 2011 or 2016-2018 apart from what they have said? The power of telepathy among some Yes fans rivals that of Anderson's.
        You prefer to believe they did a whole load of stuff but just withheld it from you for shits and giggles.

Works for me.

Comment

They charged a lot for tickets.

Beyond that, who knows ?

Comment

They toured, released a concert film and accompanying live album. That's it. What they may have gotten up to out of the public eye between themselves remains between themselves. I've no interest in guessing games or fabricating activities we have no knowledge of, nor in a mediocre track leaked on radio, repurposed from another project. Again, we know what they did. The rest is silence.

Telepathy/clairvoyance, etc., is not required.
            Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
            Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

ARW- "Close to the Endless Topographic Drama Drive" (The 5 Hour Album ) details:
              To be released as 12 full priced EP's, released monthly beginning January of 2023 , You get free shipping if you become a gold patron member of Jon Anderson!

Don't delay! order today!

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
                nor in a mediocre track leaked on radio, repurposed from another project.
                This was said often in the past, but I'm still trying to figure out how a musician can have his song leaked when he brings it into a radio station to have it played.

DJ: And we're back with Trevor Rabin who will now leak his new song on this very radio station! Go ahead Trevor, let 'er leak!

Comment

This was said often in the past, but I'm still trying to figure out how a musician can have his song leaked when he brings it into a radio station to have it played.

DJ: And we're back with Trevor Rabin who will now leak his new song on this very radio station! Go ahead Trevor, let 'er leak!
                  I did the poll specifically for you so I can see whAt you believe regarding ARW and you DIDNT VOTE

now I just think you are being argumentative to be argumentative.

Comment

Originally posted by relayeri View Post
                    they charged a lot for tickets.
                    lol!

Comment

Originally posted by rabin105 View Post

I did the poll specifically for you so I can see whAt you believe regarding ARW and you DIDNT VOTE

now I just think you are being argumentative to be argumentative.
                      I wonder if it's not meant to be argumentative, but rather an expression of the cognitive dissonance that comes w the ARW territory. Maybe this person doesn't know what to think!

Comment

Originally posted by rabin105 View Post

How many times do I need to say it? I think the quotes are accurate although also think Anderson and Wakeman will have the more self-serving statements at times. For example, Anderson said: "I just wanted to make new music" as if there is no Rabin version of demands Anderson may have brought along with his music making desire.

I'm curious if Henry thinks Pomeroy was telling the truth without using a strawman of "Well, he could have meant 5 minutes or 50 minutes." I'm curious if Henry thinks Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman ever told the truth with respect to how the album was progressing in 2016 and 2017 - or exchanging music in 2011.

I don't understand the "reasoning" that if music isn't officially put out then it is "obvious" that no one was working on such music to begin with.

Comment

How many times do I need to say it? I think the quotes are accurate although also think Anderson and Wakeman will have the more self-serving statements at times. For example, Anderson said: "I just wanted to make new music" as if there is no Rabin version of demands Anderson may have brought along with his music making desire.

I'm curious if Henry thinks Pomeroy was telling the truth without using a strawman of "Well, he could have meant 5 minutes or 50 minutes." I'm curious if Henry thinks Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman ever told the truth with respect to how the album was progressing in 2016 and 2017 - or exchanging music in 2011.

I don't understand the "reasoning" that if music isn't officially put out then it is "obvious" that no one was working on such music to begin with.
                          You haven't said it though. If the quotes are all accurate then multiple realities exist lol.

What is it that YOU think is a realistic understanding of what they've accomplished?

Comment

Originally posted by Dantalion Rides Again View Post

You haven't said it though. If the quotes are all accurate then multiple realities exist lol.
                            I thought I qualified that. Poemroy was quoted as saying that he couldn't think of any ARW music that ended up on The Red Planet. At first Wakeman said "Bolero" was always intended for a solo album even though he and Rabin said earlier that it was for ARW. In March 2017 Wakeman told a Czech magazine: "We are working on such song with the working title Bolero. This song is like stones laid across a river, a lot of different stops and steps." Then Wakeman said once the ARW album wasn't going to be finished that he "very quickly sort of brought it back and said, 'Listen, guys, this is meant to be for a project I'm doing." I have no reason to doubt Rabin saying that the final version on The Red Planet was "a little different" from the ARW version and yes, there was a version.

Rabin was consistent with explaining the slow process of making the album in 2016 and 2017 before he decided it made more sense to focus on his solo album. With his vocal album, he is in control of both the music (without Anderson telling him that one of his 1000 Hands songs should be used) and the time he thinks it takes to be what he wants in public.

I think Anderson was telling the truth when he said in late 2018 that they were halfway through an album. There was a version of "Bolero", the song "Fragile" and two minutes of intro music for the European leg. Rabin was clearly working on more music as well before he ended the project,

Comment

Anderson has a strange way of expressing reality, we all know that. I imagine it was his customary way of misquoting what he’s thinking: “We have a lot of half-arsed material for an album”.

Comment

Originally posted by Dantalion Rides Again View Post

What is it that YOU think is a realistic understanding of what they've accomplished?
                                I figured it out Yamishogan is related to Schrödinger

so yes Arw has no album an album a 5 hour album and demos.. its all in a box... in the realm of Quantum Physics all is possible

Comment

Working...
                                X