ARW what do you believe they did?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

So, 'fess up. What were you going to be doing in this shed?
    Build a studio and invite ARW....😉

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Younger View Post

I think Jon got caught up in his 1000 Hands thing and moved on. His comments seem to reflect that he's not really interested in continuing with ARW
      The last thing he said was that he would tour again as ARW if there was an album. Henry says on his site that "Anderson ruled out further ARW activity in a Jul 2022 interview". The interviewer states: "Quick to dismiss any ideas that his upcoming tour with the all-star students of the Paul Green Rock Academy would be a precursor to another reunion with Yes bandmates Trevor Rabin and Rick Wakeman, Anderson was otherwise open and eager to talk about a number of things ..."

It isn't surprising that Anderson wasn't interested in talking about a tour that probably won't happen just as he is about to tour with the students. That isn't the same as "ruled out further ARW activity."
      Last edited by yamishogun; 08-18-2022, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yamishogun View Post

The last thing he said was that he would tour again as ARW if there was an album. Henry says on his site that "Anderson ruled out further ARW activity in a Jul 2022 interview". The interviewer states: "Quick to dismiss any ideas that his upcoming tour with the all-star students of the Paul Green Rock Academy would be a precursor to another reunion with Yes bandmates Trevor Rabin and Rick Wakeman, Anderson was otherwise open and eager to talk about a number of things ..."

It isn't surprising that Anderson wasn't interested in talking about a tour that probably won't happen just as he is about to tour with the students. That isn't the same as "ruled out further ARW activity."
        So an album won't happen, and a tour probably won't happen (the probably is very optimistic as none of them have indicated so much as a tiny bit of interest and Anderson was quick to dismiss any ideas that his upcoming tour with the all-star students of the Paul Green Rock Academy would be a precursor to another reunion with Yes bandmates Trevor Rabin and Rick Wakeman).

Rabin said to the Apr 2020 issue of Prog that the band is now over. Asked if they have any future, Rabin replied, "None at all. It is definitely over." If that is not ruling out further ARW activity, I'm not sure what is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post

So an album won't happen, and a tour probably won't happen (the probably is very optimistic as none of them have indicated so much as a tiny bit of interest and Anderson was quick to dismiss any ideas that his upcoming tour with the all-star students of the Paul Green Rock Academy would be a precursor to another reunion with Yes bandmates Trevor Rabin and Rick Wakeman).

Rabin said to the Apr 2020 issue of Prog that the band is now over. Asked if they have any future, Rabin replied, "None at all. It is definitely over." If that is not ruling out further ARW activity, I'm not sure what is.

I don't think ARW will tour again but Anderson didn't rule it out last month when he talked with The Bee. In a September 2020 interview on SOAL, Rabin said: "I don't think there will be another ARW situation. I don't think an album even comes into it.'

SOAL: "So it's kind of dead in the water at this point?"

Rabin: "I think so. I'm just being honest. If I thought something was going to happen - there's no reason it shouldn't happen - but obviously with the epidemic the way it is I don't see it happening ,
          and I really want to get my album done, which I've been wanting to do for years. It's really getting ridiculous, and I really want to get it done. You know, that's really my first desire.

The comment: "There's no reason it shouldn't happen" is interesting. No idea why he added that.

Comment

I said three months ago I would build a new garden shed and it would be finished right now and I truly ment it (much like Rabin, Anderson and Wakeman said lots about an album). I even got much of the material needed to build the new garden shed (much like ARW got much of the material for an album).

But guess what? There is no new garden shed at the moment and there probably won't be one in the near future if at all. Why? Well you know, life. Life got in the way, it's as simple as that. Were my plans honest? Yes, I wasn't lying three months ago. I ment what I said at the time I said it. But that's life you know. As they say, "life is what happens to you, while you were busy making other plans".
            And perhaps after collecting your materials, you decided the door was the wrong size, you didn't like the color any more, and got in a disagreement with your buddy who was going to help build it. And realized you could do it a lot cheaper, by yourself.

Comment

I don't think ARW will tour again but Anderson didn't rule it out last month when he talked with The Bee. In a September 2020 interview on SOAL, Rabin said: "I don't think there will be another ARW situation. I don't think an album even comes into it.'

SOAL: "So it's kind of dead in the water at this point?"

Rabin: "I think so. I'm just being honest. If I thought something was going to happen - there's no reason it shouldn't happen - but obviously with the epidemic the way it is I don't see it happening ,
              and I really want to get my album done, which I've been wanting to do for years. It's really getting ridiculous, and I really want to get it done. You know, that's really my first desire.

The comment: "There's no reason it shouldn't happen" is interesting. No idea why he added that.
              I don't find it all that interesting. There's either a product I can buy or there isn't. And there isn't and there isn't going to be one with ARW. ARW is over, period.

Comment

They dangled a nice carrot. Made some cash and bolted. That is all I know.
                “Not a single philosophic, moral, aesthetic or biological discovery allows the denial of God.” ~ Salvador Dali

Comment

I don't find it all that interesting. There's either a product I can buy or there isn't. And there isn't and there isn't going to be one with ARW. ARW is over, period.
                  Rabin was talking about a tour, not an album.

Comment

Rabin was talking about a tour, not an album.
                    Rabin said to the Apr 2020 issue of Prog that the band is now over. Asked if they have any future, Rabin replied, "None at all. It is definitely over."

Comment

You guys really like beating that poor dead horse.
                      Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
                      My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

Neeeeeiiiiigggggghhhhhh!

Comment

I think it's safe to say that ARW is a past experience. To the question of whether there will or won't be any studio material released, it sounds like there won't be any official release of whatever they have in whatever form they have it in. Maybe it'll leak ...

Comment

Originally posted by Davy View Post
                            Neeeeeiiiiigggggghhhhhh!
                            It worked we beat it back to life

Now to work on ARW

Comment

Another live release from when they changed out a few of the songs would be nice. Anyone know if they recorded any other shows? YesO tends to record most of their shows (audio) and a second audio-only release without all the crowd noise would be great.

Comment

It’s over.

Get over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X