ARW what do you believe they did?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rabin105 View Post
    I just listened to a Rabin interview from 2016 claiming they will do Shoot High Aim low live...

Man was lying just going around like the common cold in 2016?
    Do you take the same view of Yes advertising and selling tickets for the live Relayer album and then decide to scrap it for CTTE?

Comment

Originally posted by josuev80 View Post

Do you take the same view of Yes advertising and selling tickets for the live Relayer album and then decide to scrap it for CTTE?
      nah I like to be a hypocrite it annoys you more often

Comment

Like most Yes fans, Im disappointed we didn't get more from ARW- especially more updated tracks from BG & Talk- we did get Fragile/touch and whilst it might have been an old Rabin track- so what? It had RW and JA on it and I believe JA did redo some of the lyrics- isn't that how writing and recording works? It was debuted as a Yes track and IMHO, whilst its AOR- its better than most things on H&E and the Quest- ARW were fantastic live- very light and an energy that seems to evade YesO - sure I was hoping for an Album of new music- but it is what it is- Im pleased that it happened for as long as it did and also pleased that YesO continue doing what they do.

Comment

I loved what ARW did and wish they had done more. I consider the live Apollo concert as one of the greatest live concerts I have ever heard by any band. I play it over and over.

Comment

Fabulous concert. So much happiness, energy and friendship was evident on the stage. It was delightful to watch and, of course, it sounded brilliant! It would have been wonderful if they had managed to complete the new music. Based on Fragile Touch, and the live performance, I'm confident that I would have absolutely loved their new songs (or, at least, most of them).
            That didn't happen, sadly. But we do have The Quest, which was unexpected, and a great surprise! I imagine The Quest and new ARW music would have complemented each other quite well. That might have made for a very interesting contrast.

Comment

I think possibly Trevor realized that even though he and Rick had a serious bromance and could shred lots of notes together, that their song writing styles and sound preferences were very different. Even Rick wasn't crazy about a good chunk of their "material", and suggested ONLY using an EP's worth of what he called "the best of it". And also perhaps that maybe Jon didn't have any great songs to present but a lot of fragments. And thus, Rabin doing almost all the heavy lifting... He himself said it was going to take a lot of patience to see a final result. But for many reasons, that patience evaporated... Not even just 1 song with equal contributions in the writing??? Hmmmm..... Even though their live show was sort of fun to watch, the ARW holy grail of new music was a huge waste of breath and fan excitement.

Comment

I enjoyed the concerts. I saw ARW 3 times. As far as recorded works are concerned, and I'm only guessing; I suspect they made a few demos and lost interest for one reason or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Younger View Post
                  I enjoyed the concerts. I saw ARW 3 times. As far as recorded works are concerned, and I'm only guessing; I suspect they made a few demos and lost interest for one reason or another.
                  That's probably quite an accurate summary of about 10 threads and 500 posts on this site as well as the old site....πŸ˜πŸ˜‰

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Younger View Post
                    I wonder why the recorded "Fragile" and put it out across the radio waves in L.A. to be put on Youtube. I'm glad Rabin did that. In mid 2019, Wakeman was still talking about playing an epic on a tour and then maybe releasing music after the tour.

Anderson said in 2020 that he still wanted to finish an ARW album.

Rabin wanted it known that besides "Fragile" which they thought of playing in 2018, " there's a lot in the pipeline".

I think the album stalled and Rabin wanted to get his vocal album done.

Comment

Originally posted by yamishogun View Post

I wonder why the recorded "Fragile" and put it out across the radio waves in L.A. to be put on Youtube. I'm glad Rabin did that. In mid 2019, Wakeman was still talking about playing an epic on a tour and then maybe releasing music after the tour.

Rabin wanted it known that besides "Fragile" which they thought of playing in 2018, " there's a lot in the pipeline".

An album is a thing. It can't stall (on its own). It was Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman who stalled.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post

An album is a thing. It can't stall (on its own). It was Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman who stalled.
                        Anderson wasn't doing much based on what they have and haven't said. quotes about Anderson was that he was "adding things" here and there. It isn't clear that that was the main reason there was no album. Rabin said he was doing most of the writing through early 2017 then ....nothing. After that, "Fragile" was on Youtube in July 2018.

Comment

Anderson wasn't doing much based on what they have and haven't said. quotes about Anderson was that he was "adding things" here and there. It isn't clear that that was the main reason there was no album. Rabin said he was doing most of the writing through early 2017 then ....nothing. After that, "Fragile" was on Youtube in July 2018.
                          I think Jon got caught up in his 1000 Hands thing and moved on. His comments seem to reflect that he's not really interested in continuing with ARW

Comment

The point was and is that an album doesn't stall itself, the people behind it, whether it be one of them or all of them, stall it.

Comment

I said three months ago I would build a new garden shed and it would be finished right now and I truly ment it (much like Rabin, Anderson and Wakeman said lots about an album). I even got much of the material needed to build the new garden shed (much like ARW got much of the material for an album).

But guess what? There is no new garden shed at the moment and there probably won't be one in the near future if at all. Why? Well you know, life. Life got in the way, it's as simple as that. Were my plans honest? Yes, I wasn't lying three months ago. I ment what I said at the time I said it. But that's life you know. As they say, "life is what happens to you, while you were busy making other plans".

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post

I said three months ago I would build a new garden shed and it would be finished right now and I truly ment it (much like Rabin, Anderson and Wakeman said lots about an album). I even got much of the material needed to build the new garden shed (much like ARW got much of the material for an album).

But guess what? There is no new garden shed at the moment and there probably won't be one in the near future if at all. Why? Well you know, life. Life got in the way, it's as simple as that. Were my plans honest? Yes, I wasn't lying three months ago. I ment what I said at the time I said it. But that's life you know. As they say, "life is what happens to you, while you were busy making other plans".
                                So, 'fess up. What were you going to be doing in this shed?
                                Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                                Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Working...
                                X