Union- Rating out of 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khatrooper View Post
    Before hearing about howe the sausage was made (Steve & Rick being mixed out, Trevor’s demos used as if finished probably without his consent, etc.) my first clue to the corporate soullessness of “Union” was the booklet with no lyrics, no timings, but 3 pages of production & publishing credits.
    Yeah that was a bullsh!t booklet if ever there was one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dantalion Rides Again View Post

Yeah that was a bullsh!t booklet if ever there was one.
      ABWH *sounded* like a law firm; the Union booklet was written by one…

Comment

Originally posted by Homemade Parachute View Post

ABWH *sounded* like a law firm; the Union booklet was written by one…
        Well, that was only right, since it was the law firm who employed the most staff for their songs on the album 😉

Comment

It"s kinda better than ABWH and much better than BG, but the ABWH 2 material drags it down a bit at the end, but overall it's fun. Not so much the production which is mind boggling that they were serious in using session musicians to march out the album instead of taking the time to make them motivated.

Comment

3/5 its a good album but not a great album would rather of heard Kaye and Rabin on the ABWH tracks rather then session musicans doing Kaye and rabin

Comment

I only skip 2 songs. I think with considering all the weird behind the scenes stuff, that I had no idea about at the time, it turned out pretty darn good. Levin and Bruford sound great. Jon's vocals are really really good. The More We Live. Lift Me Up. There is a lot I enjoy about this album ! A solid 4.

I think their biggest missed opportunity was doing a "real" Union type album.... The festival of ego's and personalities unfortunately didn't let the music triumph after the Union tour. A true Yes symphony could have been pretty cool. Phil Carson (and Rabin) was ok with Rick joining for Talk. Bruford quit. And Howe was left in the cold. I thought Steve and Trevor shared the guitar duties pretty well and could have wrote some great dual guitar stuff. But Trevor didn't seem into sharing duties on an album.

Comment

Corporate bullshit. I'd have voted 0 if I could have. Absolutely appalling album.

Comment

A 3 from me but barely a 3

Comment

Working...
                  X