Favourite song on the Quest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite song on the Quest?

I'm only putting in the tracks on the main disc as I think there's a limit of ten on poll options- still if you like a track from the bonus disc more, comment below. I know Sister Sleeping Soul is popular. For me this is a very consistent album so its hard to choose, but I do really enjoy the energy of Western Edge personally- I think I would pick that one overall.
    The Ice Bridge
    18.18%
    Dare to Know
    9.09%
    Minus the Man
    4.55%
    Leave Well Alone
    9.09%
    The Western Edge
    18.18%
    Future Memories
    9.09%
    Music to my Ears
    0%
    A Living Island
    27.27%
    Other from the Bonus Disc
    4.55%
    The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
    -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
    -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Future Memories. Good overall composition, Jon singing more relaxed than before, great contributions by Steve and Billy.

Comment

No particular favorite to speak of.....

Comment

ALI. Just takes me away and I love the harmony singing esp. in the 2nd section kicks in over the skittery percussion. For some reason I can't seem to get the green vote button to work.

F O R E V E R M O R E
        Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 02-07-2022, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Yep, A Living Island is a great track. Very natural sounding. Not necessarily an archetypal Yes track, but I'd like more in a similar vein when they release their next album(s).

Comment

its strange A Living Island is still one of my least favourite from the album, but as I said, its a pretty consistent effort throughout, great to see so many tracks being voted
            The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
            -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
            -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

Can't decide between The Ice Bridge, The Western Edge, and A Living Island.

Comment

After much contemplation I went for The Western Edge. The Ice Bridge being a close second.

Comment

Hard one, all the songs do go together so it's hard to just grab select tracks. Maybe I'll go for 'Western Edge'. That's the kind of stuff what a lot of people wished Arc Of Life had been. Other than that, Ice Bridge came close and maybe Dare To Know. Not sure anyone's gonna choose Mystery Tour.

Comment

Oh, easily The Ice Bridge for me. It's the only one that rocks, everything else is so laid back. Don't mind some laid back, but there have to me more rockin' tunes too, please.
                    Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
                    My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

Future Memories: a strong and memorable acoustic song . I prefer Jon Davison in this natural register. I like that plaintive slide tone from Steve and there are some nice vocal harmonies and subtle bass touches.
                      Last edited by ragtime; 02-08-2022, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Re: the poll.

Don't get too comfortable IceBridgers. Can't seem to vote using button. But will soon I hope. And then the LivingIslanders will triumph. Glory I espy!

Comment

Poor Music to My Ears. It took a while, but that song, A Living Island, and Future Memories have really grown on me. I'm the vote for Minus the Man, but it really depends on the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by ragtime View Post
                            Future Memories: a strong and memorable acoustic song . I prefer Jon Davison in this natural register. I like that plaintive slide tone from Steve and there are some nice vocal harmonies and subtle bass touches.
                            That’s what I said. But you said it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceasar’s Palace View Post

That’s what I said. But you said it better.
                              Thanks. Great minds ... etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X