Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A blurb from the Taylor Hawkins tribute has the new album being released NEXT YEAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A blurb from the Taylor Hawkins tribute has the new album being released NEXT YEAR

So each artist that played at Taylor Hawkins show had a write up under Davison’s we get this

2023 will see the release of a new Yes studio album

yep suspected as much, given the arc of life album coming in november. I look forward to it.
    The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
    -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
    -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

And a Louder article mentions he might work up recorded jams with Squire and Hawkins and himself. With YES. No vocals. They would have to be worked up...

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
        And a Louder article mentions he might work up recorded jams with Squire and Hawkins and himself. With YES. No vocals. They would have to be worked up...
        Wait what

i would love those jams to be released under the yes banner and so would Hawkins to be honest

Comment

More news Doug Curran says it will be out by June

within 8 months we will have a new yes album

Comment

Wow, amazing news
            "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

Comment

It would be great to hear the Squire-Hawkins rhythm section in action. We did get a few songs live but it would be interesting to hear new stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by JMKUSA View Post
                It would be great to hear the Squire-Hawkins rhythm section in action. We did get a few songs live but it would be interesting to hear new stuff.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpeg-28.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	27517

It Can Happen, eventually......

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpeg-28.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	27517

It Can Happen, eventually......
                  I wonder if assuming both Sherwood and Schellen and Squire and Hawkins are on the album which rhythm section will fans like more

Comment

Originally posted by rabin105 View Post

I wonder if assuming both Sherwood and Schellen and Squire and Hawkins are on the album which rhythm section will fans like more
                    Squire and Hawkins are not going to be a rhythm section on any forthcoming Yes album. Davison was clear that any material that exists with Squire and Hawkins will not be released under the Yes monniker. And rightfully so in my opinion.

With that said, I would love to hear what Squire/,Hawkins sound like on eventual finished songs.

Comment

From the Louder article

------------------------------

What did you do with Chris Squire?

It was really just a jam. We never did vocals, but we did record it. I’d like to approach the rest of the guys in Yes and see about finishing it off. I’d love to bring that music to life and share it with the public. I hope it will come out in some form one day, as a tribute to Taylor and to Chris.

Taylor was instrumental in helping me get the gig with Yes. I’d decided to pursue lead vocals, and he was really supportive of me doing that. He pushed Chris to take a listen to what I was doing when they needed a new singer. It’s been 10 years now, and I’m eternally grateful to Taylor for being so instrumental in that. He helped give me a second chance at a musical career after I thought it was all behind me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So like say XYZ's instrumental music, it may later get used in a YESsong
                      Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 10-01-2022, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post

Squire and Hawkins are not going to be a rhythm section on any forthcoming Yes album. Davison was clear that any material that exists with Squire and Hawkins will not be released under the Yes monniker. And rightfully so in my opinion.

With that said, I would love to hear what Squire/,Hawkins sound like on eventual finished songs.

uhm

how do you interpret this

”I’d like to approach the rest of the guys in Yes and see about finishing it off.​”

cause it sounds like Jon wants it on a yes album

Comment

Originally posted by rabin105 View Post

uhm

how do you interpret this

”I’d like to approach the rest of the guys in Yes and see about finishing it off.​”

cause it sounds like Jon wants it on a yes album
                          Howe likely has the final say and it doubtful puts Hawkins on a Yes album when he probably had limited interaction with him. He wouldn't put Hawkins ahead of White (or Squire) on a future album. It weakens the bands credibility of putting deceased musicians on its studio albums. If they are going that route, I would prefer Peter Banks.

Comment

Originally posted by josuev80 View Post

Howe likely has the final say and it doubtful puts Hawkins on a Yes album when he probably had limited interaction with him. He wouldn't put Hawkins ahead of White (or Squire) on a future album. It weakens the bands credibility of putting deceased musicians on its studio albums. If they are going that route, I would prefer Peter Banks.
                            But Steve wouldn't. lol
                            I don't think it would weaken their credibility, and I think it could potentially strengthen sales.

Comment

The music of H+S+D will be worked up perhaps by H+S+D.

OK?

That is to say. The music jammed up by Hawkins+Squire+Davison may inspire music played by Howe+Sherwood+Davison. On next year's album. Since Davison is now one of the main writers in the band, it will mainly be down to him. Will help sales and promotion too. Heeheee.

Drivin' my mind crazy. Like the Mind Drive.

Comment

Working...
                              X