Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the Go through this should be on the album thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    the Go through this should be on the album thread

    Someone else did this for Fly From Here...


    I did this for the albums we knew about pre release so Heaven & Earth Return Trip and the quest..


    so yeah I like this song and I am in one for tradition

    #2
    I don't believe it will happen, but I would like a pimped Go Through This. It would perhaps be an occasion to get Trevor Horn back as Leadsinger...

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by PeterCologne View Post
      I don't believe it will happen, but I would like a pimped Go Through This. It would perhaps be an occasion to get Trevor Horn back as Leadsinger...
      Oh gods, no!
      Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
      Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

      Comment


        #4
        As far as I know, a version of Go Through This was completed around the same time as Return Trip, using the original tracks heard on the Drama deluxe edition with new vocals from Trevor and some extra overdubs. Was due to come out on a Yes50 compilation that never came to fruition...

        Comment


          #5
          I think if they felt that Go Through This had potential it would have been worked up fully at some point in the last 40 years, but as far as I know not even Asia touched it, though as I'm not a fan of Asia I can't be sure of this.
          It was a one-off novelty number, and of dubious worth to my ears.
          Aside from the Drama tracks, the rest of the setlist in 1980 came from The Yes Album (Yours is no Disgrace, Clap, Starship Trooper), Fragile (Roundabout), and Close to the Edge (And You and I), probably material chosen that would not tax/expose Horn's vocal shortcomings overmuch, though that strategy failed horribly with regard to And You and I.
          I'm pretty sure they did Video Killed the Radio Star at Leicester, which was not well-received, and why would it be, though I understand why Buggles material was included. I just wish it had never happened at all; it was an excruciating concert.
          Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
          Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
            It was a one-off novelty number, and of dubious worth to my ears.
            What’s novelty about it? The lyrics? Maybe it’s not quite Parallels, but surely in the All Good People neighbourhood.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Ceasar’s Palace View Post

              What’s novelty about it? The lyrics? Maybe it’s not quite Parallels, but surely in the All Good People neighbourhood.
              In my Yesmusic imaginarium, they create mystical and wonderous folk-hymns, Brucknerian cathedrals of sound, Stravinsky-esque skeins of rhythm, nuance, power and beauty. Thus are my dreams, not this inconsequential and - to me- irritating ditty.

              Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
              Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

              Comment


                #8
                I think it's poor, but it should get a release. It should really have been on Return Trip, but not on a new album.

                It would be good extra material for a box set or archive compilation.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

                  In my Yesmusic imaginarium, they create mystical and wonderous folk-hymns, Brucknerian cathedrals of sound, Stravinsky-esque skeins of rhythm, nuance, power and beauty. Thus are my dreams, not this inconsequential and - to me- irritating ditty.
                  Ok, exit All Good People then.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Ceasar’s Palace View Post

                    Ok, exit All Good People then.
                    Not in my imaginarium. I can't speak for yours.
                    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

                      Not in my imaginarium. I can't speak for yours.
                      No way. I just don’t see Go Through This as inferior to All Good People. (And I mean just that section of Your Move/All Good People.)

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Ceasar’s Palace View Post

                        No way. I just don’t see Go Through This as inferior to All Good People. (And I mean just that section of Your Move/All Good People.)
                        Well, one is a classic rock radio staple, and the other couldn’t be finished by the band on multiple occasions…

                        Comment


                          #13
                          It would be cool to have a studio version. Maybe a special EP with Trevor and have Vermilion Sands and a few others that were meant for 2nd "Drama" Lineup.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

                            In my Yesmusic imaginarium, they create mystical and wonderous folk-hymns, Brucknerian cathedrals of sound, Stravinsky-esque skeins of rhythm, nuance, power and beauty. Thus are my dreams, not this inconsequential and - to me- irritating ditty.
                            Ash. I love your posts, in any thread, about the drama-horn-1980 shows era. Gives me a great laugh every time!!!

                            Although I don’t fully agree on everything, I do like the odd tunes from that time that didn’t make records then, I love your honesty and delivery and take on that time. 😆😆

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Gtkgasman View Post

                              Ash. I love your posts, in any thread, about the drama-horn-1980 shows era. Gives me a great laugh every time!!!

                              Although I don’t fully agree on everything, I do like the odd tunes from that time that didn’t make records then, I love your honesty and delivery and take on that time. 😆😆
                              That is so kind of you, thank you
                              Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                              Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X