No announcement yet.

Homeworld vs. New Languages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Languages gets my vote but I like them both a lot. But on NL, I love the “talk to me” and “speak to me” vocal part.

Comment

I love both of them. I voted for “Homeworld” because it doesn’t have that “Doogie Howser” sounding keyboard bit that “ New Languages” does have.
      “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

Homeworld for me. New Language is probably my least favorite Ladder track, just not into it. Clunky verses. Plus I always feel like the title should be plural. Homeworld is pretty great, I wasn't all that impressed at first but it's got it's place and has some real great moments.

All in all I love this album though, naysayers are high. Or not enough, dunno which.

Comment

At one time it would have been Homeworld, but the last few years I've been more into New Language. It's ovelooked. I like the almost pop Jon verses and the jazzy Howe towards the end. And I always thought the opening intro had a lot in common with the opening intro to Endless Dream, especially Alan's drums.

Comment

Love the album but never liked NL which sounds goofy to me except for the instrumental jam. Love Homeworld.

Comment

I wonder why I often notice people refer to the song New Language as “ New Languages “ - in the plural.

For me, New Language was an early example of a recording which contained some great moments juxtaposed with some unpleasant sections, so on the whole, it wasn’t a memorable tune.
              but I have similar thoughts about Homeworld. Once it got going it had some cohesiveness, but it sort of limped along for the first half of the tune.

Comment

Difficult choice, both great, but I went with "NL".

Comment

Originally posted by True View Post
                  I wonder why I often notice people refer to the song New Language as “ New Languages “ - in the plural.
                  Probably because the plural is used several times in the song’s lyrics.

Comment

Working...
                  X