• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nine Voices

A nice version of this is in the Yes 50 live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGythHQuie0
    "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

Agreed, I thought it was an excellent version with Davison sounding strong on the vocals. Saw the show in Woodinville, WA.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0111.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	562

Comment

Wow, very nice picture Thank you!
      "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

Comment

I flew in to Chicago to see the first two shows of that tour, in St. Charles. I didn't know what to expect. I forget if Billy had told me Tony was going to be a special guest for the tour, or not. Nine Voices was a really nice surprise. Great show, great tour!

Prior to the show, I had lunch in Chicago with one of the prettiest women I know. I hadn't seen her in something like thirty-five years, since high school. A couple years prior, my family and I took a huge road trip going to Canada, and out to Yellowstone. We spent an extra day in Chicago. We went to the then, Wilson Center ( the old Sears Tower ). I get feelings sometimes ( I was out in Vegas, sitting in traffic, and I looked up at the 22 or 23 floors of The Mandalay Bay Hotel) resort, and knew something bad was going to happen there. Three months later, that wack-job shot all those people from up there ) and people pop into my head before they die, and before I randomly run into them. Even people from over-seas. So I keep looking at this Sushi-restaurant. There was something about that place, but I knew if I went in, that wouldn't help. Later, after the trip, I run into one of my customers at work, who has his arm in a sling. Turns out he plays for The National Symphony, and I asked if he knew that girls father who also played in the symphony, and he said yes, and he watched her grow up, and he said she was beautiful. So I went home and looked her up, and turns out, her and her mom owned four or five of those shushi restaurants. When was I going to go up that way, again? Sure, they have a prog festival I was invited up and over to see before, but a twelve hour drive? No thank you. The YES tour was announced, and with two shows, I was going. I called one of the restaurants, and I felt like I was back in high school.

Someone gave me a friend's and family pass so I got to joke around a bit with my favorite YES-man of all time, Tony Kaye after the show. He got me back later in Washington d.c. me thinks, and he was pretty funny. Billy was laughing pretty good. Always good to see and talk with Geoff, who was a bit surprised to see me there.Thank goodness for Billy who gets just as much credit from me, as does Steve for keeping this band going, and keeping the flame alive, before that. He brought in Jay, and Tony for that 50th anniversary tour.

Comment

It is one of my favorite Yes songs. Both singers sing it well.

Comment

Working...
          X