• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeworld

The Ladder is my favorite album

Hope the band can resurrect this track in the near future
    "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

a great track for sure, very sci-fi, very positive, very Yes! Lots of great energy not just in this track but in most tracks on that album, yeah The Ladder is a great album. Jon Anderson really shines here I think especially in that section just before the ending-

Send, ascending to the secrets
    All is pure and clear to resolve
    Nothing can change us now

Send, ascending to the future
    Nothing can ever change us now
    We follow the sun
    We follow the sun
    We follow the sun
    The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
    -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
    -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

Love this cd - great sounding production. My wife scratched it accidentally in the first week it came out.
      She instantly went out and bought me another - those were the cd days!!!
      "All that dies dies for a reason - To put its strength into the season."

Comment

Originally posted by John Vehadija View Post
        The Ladder is my favorite album
        You may enjoy this review from the time: https://www.furia.com/page.cgi?type=...was0251#entry3

The bouncy "Lightning Strikes" is somewhere in between the Macarena and Graceland, but if it keeps somebody from actually combining the Macarena and Graceland, it will have done humanity a service.

Comment

Originally posted by Homemade Parachute View Post

You may enjoy this review from the time: https://www.furia.com/page.cgi?type=...was0251#entry3
          Nice thanks

Comment

It's a bit like Yes' Sgt. Peppers with all those different styles involved, from a Beach Boys-like sophisticated Ballad (The River, the exotic Lightning Strikes (Calypso?) and Rock 'n' Roll (Face To Face) to Reggae and even a little Blues-section ( in Finally). And I thought the charming If Only You Knew should have been a million-selling world-hit. But probably it is just that one or two chords and some more finesse still too far out for that ;-)

Comment

HW is definitely in my top10 Yessongs. And, yes that "send,ascending to the future" is a spine chilling moment. Akin to TQ's "all eyes to the east" moment. Chills down the spine. Enjoyed the video game visuals with my son back in the day. Over 20 years ago.

ELECTRIFY EVERYTHING

Comment

Great mini epic. But I rate New Language equally high.

Comment

Homeworld for me is the last great "epic type song they have come up with. Terrific structure from start to finish and was killer live on that tour as well.

Comment

The theme to my wedding was Wonderous Story. I blame Jon Anderson when he spotted me and my future wife on our second date, at a YES- show.. They were performing Wonderous Stories, and Jon spotted us during a vocal break. He waved and smiled to us. I said to myself Jon Anderson couldn't be waving to us. He waved and smiled at us, again. I looked around, and we were the only ones embraced. He then points to me, then he points to her, huge smile, he waves, we wave back, and I say to myself, this is the woman I'm going to marry.

Before we said our vows, I played the part of Homeworld where the guitar breaks, and Jon sings "Peace is a simple place, here for us all to see.....".

My best friend's new wife, gave us a framed wedding invitation, where it had Wonderous Story at the top of the invitation.

Sometime later, I tell "the boys" the story, and I ask them to sign the invitation. I get to Chris, and he says "You're not still married to the same woman are you?" And we both immediately burst into laughter. I miss Chris, what a great guy he was.
                    Last edited by luvyesmusic; 12-01-2021, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by luvyesmusic View Post
                      The theme to my wedding was Wondering Story. I blame Jon Anderson when he spotted me and my future wife on our second date, at a YES- show.. They were performing Wonderous Stories, and Jon spotted us during a vocal break. He waved and smiled to us. I said to myself Jon Anderson couldn't be waving to us. He waved and smiled at us, again. I looked around, and we were the only ones embraced. He then points to me, then he points to her, huge smile, he waves, we wave back, and I say to myself, this is the woman I'm going to marry.

Before we said our vows, I played the part of Homeworld where the guitar breaks, and Jon sings "Peace is a simple place, here for us all to see.....".

My best friend's new wife, gave us a framed wedding invitation, where it had Wonderous Story at the top of the invitation.

Sometime later, I tell "the boys" the story, and I ask them to sign the invitation. I get to Chris, and he says "You're not still married to the same woman are you?" And we both immediately burst into laughter. I miss Chris, what a great guy he was.
                      Nice moment in time, these kind of stories is why I wanted yesfans to continue

Comment

How about this, John?
                        https://photos.app.goo.gl/eNasuhRfqUyEAgKU9

Comment

Amazing! Great idea!

Comment

Steve had to read it all, before he signed, just in case he wasn't signing over "Mr. Gibson" to me. He immediately started laughing after he read it.

I've made/ caused Steve to laugh a few times. Very gracious guy as well. Doesn't get the credit he deserves for being a good guy, with a sense of humor. His tolerance for bull shite, is pretty epic.

He once even gave me the evil eyes for taking a pic, but it's still a great shot.

Comment

Steve had to read it all, before he signed, just in case he wasn't signing over "Mr. Gibson" to me. He immediately started laughing after he read it.

I've made/ caused Steve to laugh a few times. Very gracious guy as well. Doesn't get the credit he deserves for being a good guy, with a sense of humor. His tolerance for bull shite, is pretty epic.

He once even gave me the evil eyes for taking a pic, but it's still a great shot.
                              Steve is a character lol, great stories again

Comment

Working...
                              X