No announcement yet.

Is it underrated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I think it's underrated. I didn't like it at the time mostly because of the disappointment of the break up of the reformed 2nd classic line up but I have come to appreciate it on its own merits over the years. Billy and Chris dominate it but that's actually one of its appealing features - I find it interesting to hear how the different members of the band influence the music on each album. It's one of the positive things about the latter half of the band's history. The way I see it, you might as well embrace the fact that they haven't managed to maintain a stable line up for more than one studio album in a row since 90125/Big Generator. And while this undoubtedly is frustrating, at least it means that every album is inevitably different from its predecessor.

Comment

god I love this album... its genuinely one of my favorites and the more I come back to it the more I realize how magical it is.. God I wish they would dust oof the album and play something from it live

Comment

It’s not the worst Yes album ever. Which is sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris2210 View Post
          It’s not the worst Yes album ever. Which is sad.
          ABWH hurt us all I know

Comment

Originally posted by rabin105 View Post

ABWH hurt us all I know
            The answers to such questions, and indeed the questions themselves, lie solely in the ears of the beholders. Asserting that they possess some form of 'universal truth' on this basis is nonsensical, so you've clearly come to the right place.
            Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
            Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

The answers to such questions, and indeed the questions themselves, lie solely in the ears of the beholders. Asserting that they possess some form of 'universal truth' on this basis is nonsensical, so you've clearly come to the right place.

I am learning from you I have read your book and I hope its coming through in my posts

Comment

Originally posted by rabin105 View Post

I am learning from you I have read your book and I hope its coming through in my posts
                Don’t be silly. No one’s going to believe you’ve read a book.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris2210 View Post

Don’t be silly. No one’s going to believe you’ve read a book.
                  well to be honest His book was a pop up book with lots of fun animations

Comment

Working...
                  X