Clear All

Rating out of 5

Curious to see how people view this album
    15.00%
    20.00%
    55.00%
    10.00%
    0%

I’m not going to rate it. That tells you nothing because each person’s criteria and scale is so different.

But I like it. Not among their very best, but every song is good and that’s sadly a rarity post 70s.

Comment

Hey your takin my idea nah its fine, I will be continuing onwards backward through time. From a Page gets a 7/10 and a 3/5.
      The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
      -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
      -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

I have not listened to FaP since a month or two after it came out, I should check it out again. But it was a very impressive job of cobbling those recordings together into something that feels like a cohesive set of music. I prefer it to the other post-FFH albums.

Comment

2. I like the playing and production, but the songs don’t grab me at all.
          Last edited by Ceasar’s Palace; 05-05-2022, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soundchaser09 View Post
            Hey your takin my idea nah its fine, I will be continuing onwards backward through time. From a Page gets a 7/10 and a 3/5.
            I was shocked you didnt do this one... that being said i will let you do the rest

Comment

I just ordered this finally from Burning Shed, my collection of studio Yes material on CD will soon be complete
              Last edited by soundchaser09; 05-05-2022, 11:03 AM.
              The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
              -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
              -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

Originally posted by Ceasar’s Palace View Post
                2. I like the playing and production, but the songs don’t grqb me at all.
                2 for me as well. I like To the Moment and bits and pieces of Gift of Love, but that's about it.

Comment

I’d give it a very high 3.
                  “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

I give it a 3.90. I really like From A Page for the most part. Here's the lowdown:

The GOOD:

To The Moment is a good rock Yes track. Keyboard solo and slightly darker lyrics are a little 'neo-prog' actually, which is fine by me, I like those kind of prog bands. Think Arena or IQ or someone like that.
                    The Gift Of Love is excellent, with excellent bits, themes and vocals. Why this wasn't included on either FFH or H&E in this form - regardless of band membership - is a mystery of psychological science. This is the Yes people like. Beautiful song.
                    You get to hear Chris Squire again, this EP is a welcome gift.

The BAD:

Words On A Page is an ok enough mid-tier Yes track, but I suppose From A Turn of a Card almost really doesn't belong, it's a solo Oliver track w/ Benoit (from his album with Gordon Giltrap) and would sound more at home on a Wakeman/Clive Nolan album. His voice is lower here. Nothing to dislike, but this would be my least favorite song here.

The UGLY:

It's just an EP, too bad it's not a full length album. It ends just as it's getting started.

Best trax for me are To The Moment and Gift Of Love

Comment

Gift of Love is my favorite on it. I really like Words on a Page, it's such a beautiful song, beautifully executed. Gave it a 4 for great effort in song writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwaveseeker View Post
                        I give it a 3.90. I really like From A Page for the most part. Here's the lowdown:

The GOOD:

To The Moment is a good rock Yes track. Keyboard solo and slightly darker lyrics are a little 'neo-prog' actually, which is fine by me, I like those kind of prog bands. Think Arena or IQ or someone like that.
                        The Gift Of Love is excellent, with excellent bits, themes and vocals. Why this wasn't included on either FFH or H&E in this form - regardless of band membership - is a mystery of psychological science. This is the Yes people like. Beautiful song.
                        You get to hear Chris Squire again, this EP is a welcome gift.

The BAD:

Words On A Page is an ok enough mid-tier Yes track, but I suppose From A Turn of a Card almost really doesn't belong, it's a solo Oliver track w/ Benoit (from his album with Gordon Giltrap) and would sound more at home on a Wakeman/Clive Nolan album. His voice is lower here. Nothing to dislike, but this would be my least favorite song here.

The UGLY:

It's just an EP, too bad it's not a full length album. It ends just as it's getting started.

Best trax for me are To The Moment and Gift Of Love
                        For me its more frustrating when you realize it could be a full length though short album

Track list
                        1. To the moment
                        2. From the turn of a Card (wtih Howe on guitar and Alan adding some percussion)
                        3. Credit Carnival: from the same album as from the turn of a card wound up on but was meant for yes and I believe there is a yes version on Oliver's laptop)
                        4. Don't Take No for an Answer
                        5. Aliens
                        6. Words on a Page
                        7. The Gift of love

usually when I put the above in my iTunes playlist i get about 42ish minutes through in a howe solo like Second Initial and you get around 45 minutes not too short but not too long either

Comment

Originally posted by rabin105 View Post

For me its more frustrating when you realize it could be a full length though short album

Track list
                          1. To the moment
                          2. From the turn of a Card (wtih Howe on guitar and Alan adding some percussion)
                          3. Credit Carnival: from the same album as from the turn of a card wound up on but was meant for yes and I believe there is a yes version on Oliver's laptop)
                          4. Don't Take No for an Answer
                          5. Aliens
                          6. Words on a Page
                          7. The Gift of love

usually when I put the above in my iTunes playlist i get about 42ish minutes through in a howe solo like Second Initial and you get around 45 minutes not too short but not too long either
                          I think if Don't Take No for an Answer and Aliens would have been on the album I would have to change my 2 stars vote to a 1 star vote and it would also replace Open Your Eyes in the last place of my Yes albums ranking. Two horrible songs, and that is not something you will hear me say often about Yes songs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post

I think if Don't Take No for an Answer and Aliens would have been on the album I would have to change my 2 stars vote to a 1 star vote and it would also replace Open Your Eyes in the last place of my Yes albums ranking. Two horrible songs, and that is not something you will hear me say often about Yes songs.
                            and how would you make it longer? Telephone secrets?

and you hate Open your eyes... every time I listen to that album i just wonder why people dislike this album

Comment

Originally posted by rabin105 View Post

and how would you make it longer? Telephone secrets?

and you hate Open your eyes... every time I listen to that album i just wonder why people dislike this album
                              Hate is a big word. I like a couple of songs on each and every Yes album. I like New State Of Mind, the title track and Fortune Seller very much actually and Universal Garden and Man to the Moon to a lesser extent. But after Fortune Seller it's downhill at great speed as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think I would make From a Page longer at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X