Rating out of 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rating out of 5?

Wanting to see how the forum thinks about the various albums as things stand, starting with Heaven and Earth.
    0%
    6.25%
    31.25%
    31.25%
    31.25%
    The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
    -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
    -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

I gave it a 2. Mainly for the cover

Comment

A 3. Too mellow overall but The Game is the most romantic song in the canon.

Comment

2 stars. I like Believe Again, The Game, Light of the Ages and Subway Walls a great deal, but don't care much for the rest anymore.

Comment

I don't give scores, but it's a poor album. I really like The Game; It Was All We Knew is OK and I also really like bits of Subway Walls. The rest is just very 'meh'.

I wish that made it bottom of the barrel, but I hate to say there are worse Yes albums.

Comment

I'm not into scores and rankings. It's not an album I listen to anymore though, a terribly weak offering in every department.
            Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
            Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

1. For the reasons Ash gave. A few good songs in a sea of disaster.

Comment

I don't skip anything, but I rarely feel like listening to it. Beeeeyond gets on my nerves, and To Ascend puts me to sleep, but the rest is okay, even if it's not exceptional.
                There's the "Change/throw away 10 albums" thread in which I said I could live without it. It would be sad if we never got Believe Again, Light of the Ages, Subway Walls and maybe The Game, but the rest is forgettable.

Comment

I think I rated it higher when it came out than I do now (and I didn't love it when it came out). But at the time I found a lot of little moments within several tracks that I really liked and I was happy to hear something new. But now, on the whole, I'm still baffled that they released it.

Comment

It's a "3".

The material ain't bad, but the execution often sounds a bit "tired". A lot of the songs are so slo-o-ow.

Comment

I still play Believe Again, Step Beyond, Subway Walls, and occasionally To Ascend and It Was All We Knew, but the rest I haven't listened to in a long time. The only track I think is downright terrible is LIAWOOO, which I played one time and then burned a new CD without it.

But yeah, it is a bit soft and slow. Still, it's telling to me that some of my friends who can't stand Yes don't mind H&E playing in the background. It may be a weak album, but in general the songs are much less obnoxious than some other Yes tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Davy View Post
                        I

But yeah, it is a bit soft and slow. Still, it's telling to me that some of my friends who can't stand Yes don't mind H&E playing in the background. It may be a weak album, but in general the songs are much less obnoxious than some other Yes tracks.
                        If H+E was a woman. Bear with me with this. She'd be a demure Coleen, quietly at the edge of the party. Not needin' to proclaim "Look at me! Look at me!" Not loud or brash. Gentle but with a glow from within. Ultimately steadfast and true. Beyond fashion. Beyond rapproach. 😍

Comment

😀 Yes, ultimately I'd settle down with H&E, but probably cheat on her with TYA or CTTE.

Comment

It’s an album that has some sentimental value because of circumstances for me, at the time. But interest hasn’t been sustained. Any thrill there is gone. But Light of the Ages, To Asend and It was all we knew, occasionally gets my attention. Believe again is a worthy entry into a live set, imo, if they Yes it up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post

If H+E was a woman. Bear with me with this. She'd be a demure Coleen, quietly at the edge of the party. Not needin' to proclaim "Look at me! Look at me!" Not loud or brash. Gentle but with a glow from within. Ultimately steadfast and true. Beyond fashion. Beyond rapproach. 😍
                              You're right - she's as dull as ditch water and I can't reconcile with that either.

Comment

Working...
                              X