• Show
Clear All

Rick tweets about GFTO

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220704_092238.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	415.6 KB
ID:	20898...

This time I agree 100% with his assessment.

Comment

It's such a shame that they've never been able to find the original multi track tapes for this album, to enable the mixes to be be improved.

Comment

Best Yes album.

Fight me.

Comment

Originally posted by RelayerI View Post
          Best Yes album.

Fight me.
          wouldn't dream of it, BEST YES ALBUM!

however, if I remember correctly you don't like Drama, now there we have a problem 😡
          The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
          -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
          -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

Best Yes album.

Fight me.
            I'll see you and raise you your screen name and Close to the Edge 😉

Comment

I often consider Going For The One as the surprise 4th album in a non-contiguous tetralogy that also includes The Yes Album, Fragile and Close To The Edge.
              Last edited by Bill M; 07-04-2022, 11:43 AM.

Comment

That original tweet mentions the church organ - I LOVE the church organ on that album, especially in Parallels and Awaken.
                Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
                My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

It is very unfortunate that the masters are lost and they can’t remix the album. My theory/hope is that the tapes are boxed in with another release and not properly labeled, much as the masters to Anderson’s Animation were included in the same box as his 3 Ships album. If this is the case, it’s possible the masters could be discovered someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post

I'll see you and raise you your screen name and Close to the Edge 😉
                    Relayer's their most adventurous, most impressive, most awe inspiring album.

CTTE is just magnificent.

GFTO is their most rounded and complete release. It's got rock, a ballad (my favourite song...ever), three minute pop whimsy perfection and a staggeringly great long form epic. It shows pretty much every aspect of the band in one concise package and is just...perfect. Imho anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by soundchaser09 View Post
                      if I remember correctly you don't like Drama, now there we have a problem 😡
                      Nothing at all wrong with...........your memory !

Comment

GFTO is their most rounded and complete release. It's got rock, a ballad (my favourite song...ever), three minute pop whimsy perfection and a staggeringly great long form epic. It shows pretty much every aspect of the band in one concise package and is just...perfect. Imho anyway.
                        I'll call you if I ever need someone to plead for me 😉

Comment

You make an excellent point. I think you've just made me realise one of the reasons I like GFTO so very much. I always assumed that it was in large part because it was my introduction to Yes. But, as you so clearly explain, it is also brilliant as an album! My only quibble with it is that when listening, I always find myself thinking that the title track doesn't really suit JA's voice. I adore JA on most songs, but that one feels (to me) as though it might benefit from a more powerful voice. (Someone with the power of Greg Lake, for example.)

Comment

It's some of my favorite material, but I don't care for the studio album. Every song sounds better live.

Comment

Going For the One - the Indian summer of Classic Yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X