Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Go through this have been on this album?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Go through this have been on this album?

And if so which song should it of replaced?

in my opinion while I like solitaire even if we count the first circa album as a yes album the first one in 4 years we didn’t need a how solo piece

so ditch solitaire and add Go through this

My opinion, but I say no. Wish they would have finished that and included it as a bonus on Return Trip. with Trevor.

Comment

No, it should have appeared on Mike Oldfield's Hergest Ridge where it should have replaced Hergest Ridge Part 2 which is just too long and boring and could do with a bit of something to spice it up.

Alternatively Blue Peter could have appeared on Going for the One instead of Turn of the Century (adapted from an Anglia TV quiz show apparently) and the title track (based on Chris Squire taking a two hour dump) and then that album would have been less po-faced and up its own arse.

Comment

Nah, FFH is fine the way it is.

Comment

Yes. The obvious choice Mystery Tour.

Comment

No, I like Fly From Here as it is, but it would have worked instead of say Life on a Filmset as an alternative.
            The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
            -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
            -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

Originally posted by soundchaser09 View Post
              No, I like Fly From Here as it is, but it would have worked instead of say Life on a Filmset as an alternative.
              Well, good idea to use it as a replamcement. But IMO not for the great Life On A Filmset but for the weakest track on FFH: Hour Of Need (together with Take No For An Answer on the return trip)

Comment

Originally posted by PeterCologne View Post

Well, good idea to use it as a replamcement. But IMO not for the great Life On A Filmset but for the weakest track on FFH: Hour Of Need (together with Take No For An Answer on the return trip)
                Hour Of Need's one of the few tracks I like on FFH ! Life On A Filmset one of the worst...

Yes, Go Through This should have been on either FFH or Return Trip. It may be poor (it's bloody awful in my opinion) but it should be out there and available. It could be used as an unreleased bonus to sell a compilation or box set I suppose, but Return Trip is it's natural home.

Comment

No, but To The Moment should have been Track #7.

Comment

Originally posted by RelayerI View Post

Yes, Go Through This should have been on either FFH or Return Trip. It may be poor (it's bloody awful in my opinion) but it should be out there and available. It could be used as an unreleased bonus to sell a compilation or box set I suppose, but Return Trip is it's natural home.
                    I’ve said this before, but if GTT is bad, then so is All Good People.

Comment

Hour Of Need's one of the few tracks I like on FFH ! Life On A Filmset one of the worst...

I find Hour Of Need soooooo un-yes-ingly biteless... but that's Yesworld, ten fans, ten different views

Comment

It should have been on Return Trip in the place of Don't Take No which in turn should have been added to From A Page...

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp On Attack View Post
                          It should have been on Return Trip in the place of Don't Take No which in turn should have been added to From A Page...
                          Probably the best option.

Comment

Probably the best option.
                            DTNFAA would have been best left on the cutting room floor! I like From A Page and wouldn't want it on there at all . Go Through This could have been included on a Steve Howe solo album, with TH on guest vocals perhaps. That could still happen and would be the best option IMO

Comment

Ironically Go through this almost was on return trip before Rhino records got in the way

Comment

Working...
                              X