New ABWH Boxset “special” from Takeaway records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ABWH Boxset “special” from Takeaway records

Not worth circa £100 that is for sure - nothing new here apart from from KB hour radio commentary.

Members of the Yes line-up that recorded the classic early-70s albums Fragile and Close To The Edge, Jon Anderson (vocals), Bill Bruford (drums), Rick Wakeman (keyboards) and Steve Howe (guitars) reunited in the late 80s to form an offshoot supergroup, Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe. Their sole, self-titled studio album followed and the four-piece took to the road for a rapturously received tour that paved the way for Yes’ gargantuan Union album and live shows of the early 90s.

The super-deluxe An Evening Of Yes Music Plus box set takes a deep dive into this much-loved period in Yes’ history, making the “Plus” of the original 1993 double album’s title all the more appropriate.

Featuring ABWH’s full 9 September 1989 show at Shoreline Amphitheatre, in Mountain View, California, across two CDs - [Already released]

and the US pay-per-view special on DVD [Already released]

along with the original King Biscuit Flower Hour radio broadcast of the concert, the original An Evening Of Yes Music Plus audio broadcast [ Just the above 2Cds with a radio intro and comments]

and a host of ABWH radio interviews, the collection turns this very special evening inside out, capturing from every angle the Yes lynchpins at their finest on stage. [ OK maybe something new]

Rounding the collection out is the rare 1989 In The Big Dream documentary, which features intimate, behind-the-scenes footage of the band in the studio, plus period promo videos and live performances. [Already released]

And there is also a host of facsimile memorabilia from the era, including replica US/UK and Japanese tour programmes, band postcards, a laminated pass, King Biscuit Flower Hour cue sheet, press pack and photos, and a poster of Roger Dean’s original album cover artwork. [ No added value here ]

Sumptuously packaged, the super-deluxe An Evening Of Yes Music Plus is as close as you’ll ever get to going back in time to experience this legendary performance. A numbered certificate gives it all the official stamp: you will be holding in your hands just one of 2,000 copies in the world.

Grab yours now, before the chance is gone forever.

Enter discount code ABWH25 at checkout for 25% off!

Yawn. Another attempt at a money grab if you ask me. A re-release of the Birmingham NEC show with Tony Levin on bass would have been much better, priced reasonably. That would have had me opening my wallet. But this, when I already have the DVD and the CD release? No chance.

Comment

Agreed, waste of money.

Comment

I think I have most of this stuff already and have seen the pay-for-view thing/In The Big Dream video. Not sure how many times I would even watch it again. I'll pass. I suppose it would be ok for someone who doesn't have any ABWH at all and never heard any of it to get it all in one swoop,

I'm going to save my $$ for the Queen: The Miracle box set with unreleased tracks and demos & stuff - it should be a total Freddie-fest.

Comment

Thanks, but no thanks.

Makes you wonder; if die hard Yes fans like us are saying No for the most part, who the hell do they think they're going to sell this to?

Comment

I have the autographed DVD plus the CD set. I’m good.
            “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

Is the concert DVD still available? I've been wanting to get it but couldn't find it on the usual outlets.

Comment

Not sure if I have seen this bit before : very funny when Jon bashes into a door

Comment

Originally posted by highfell View Post
                  Not sure if I have seen this bit before : very funny when Jon bashes into a door

Probably my fav Jon moments
                  "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

Comment

Found this link it's a bit cheaper, but the release date has bene pushed a bit

"We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

Comment

Originally posted by highfell View Post

Ah, the infamous "teepee!" This is great. I always liked Jon's speaking voice, wish he had sung in his lower register a bit more.

Comment

Puzzling to me this would be released now. I would have much rather had the above mentioned show with Levin as a single show release or a release similar to Progeny: Seven Shows From Seventy-Two but focusing on the 78-79 tours. There is more than enough radio and soundboard shows out there that they could do a similar set from that era.

Comment

I received my copy. Even though the boxed set was advertised as being 2 DVDs and 5 CDs...
                          DVD 1: "An Evening of Yes Music Plus"
                          DVD 2: "In the Big Dream"
                          CD 1-2: An Evening of Yes Music Plus
                          CD 3: An Evening of Yes Music Plus - The Original Broadcast
                          CD 4: The Original King Biscuit Radio Broadcast
                          CD 5: Radio Interviews

I received 2 DVDs but only 4 CDs. It appears that "CD 4: The Original King Biscuit Radio Broadcast" was not included (although it is unclear how that would have been different from "CD 3: An Evening of Yes Music Plus - The Original Broadcast"). Note also that "In the Big Dream" is truncated, leaving off the live version of "Heart of the Sunrise" and the end credits.

Caveat emptor.​

Comment

Well this certainly validates my decision not to buy it.

Comment

Just release a proper concert footage with Tony Levin !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X