X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skankindead
    replied
    Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post

This is related to the recent film Monster Hunter starring Milla Jovovich. How I don't know. Fan parody? Not official promo content for film.

Some youngster will know? Skankindead
    Haha, I suppose I'm the resident forum youngster? I guess I'm fine with that label. I've never actually played Monster Hunter, so I don't get the reference with that edit - but it does look pretty cool! Then again, the original cover looks very cool anyways, so maybe that's less because of the edit...

Leave a comment:

• soundchaser09
    replied
    Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post

This is related to the recent film Monster Hunter starring Milla Jovovich. How I don't know. Fan parody? Not official promo content for film.

yeah ive played a monster hunter game thats a lagiacrus- interesting edit on the asia album there

Leave a comment:

• Yorkshire Square
    replied
    Originally posted by ragtime View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	R-6126944-1411737044-1580.jpeg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.6 KB ID:	2606
    I'm also rather fond of the Budgie: Squawk cover. He did another one for them (Never Turn Your Back On A Friend) which is good too in his familiar early style, but the Squawk concept is very cool in its dynamism and simplicity and the fact that it uses a real model plane with a real bird's skull. I quite like the band too.
    Are you sure?

My RD book is at home and I'm at work, but my recollection is that he built a model plane with a bird's head grafted on. He then tried to photograph it with little success. As a result, the image on the album was actually drawn.

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    Originally posted by soundchaser09 View Post
    the original Asia is still awesome, the water dragon

Attached Files
    Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 12-13-2021, 07:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ragtime
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	R-6126944-1411737044-1580.jpeg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.6 KB ID:	2606
    I'm also rather fond of the Budgie: Squawk cover. He did another one for them (Never Turn Your Back On A Friend) which is good too in his familiar early style, but the Squawk concept is very cool in its dynamism and simplicity and the fact that it uses a real model plane with a real bird's skull. I quite like the band too.

Leave a comment:

• Grey Wolf
    replied
    And as for my favorite non-Dean Yes cover, I love the simplicity of the first album UK cover.

Leave a comment:

• Grey Wolf
    replied
    As I mentioned in another thread, for a long time I only knew Osibisa for the cover of their first album. Today I finally heard the whole album, and I liked it!

Leave a comment:

• Ash Armstrong
    replied
    Two of my favourite non-Yes Dean covers.
    Not so keen on Greenslade as a band, but Magna Carta's Lord of the Ages is a gem

Leave a comment:

• downbyariver
    replied
    Originally posted by soundchaser09 View Post
    the original Asia is still awesome, the water dragon

Yeah, I think that one gets my vote, too.

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    Here's another beauty. Cold, dark and glistening. Love it when he goes dark and snowy. Glass Hammer.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Frothingslosh View Post
    Have to go with Greenslade for non Yes Dean covers
    Yes. Loved the enigmatic many-armed man. So cool.
    And the best of Roger's human figures.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Old Frothingslosh
    replied
    Have to go with Greenslade for non Yes Dean covers

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Frothingslosh View Post
    The Drama cover (gatefold) is my favorite
    How about something non-Yes?

SAVE THE BOGONG MOTH

Leave a comment:

• Old Frothingslosh
    replied
    The Drama cover (gatefold) is my favorite

Leave a comment:

• brianos
    replied
    Asia's 1st two album covers, with slight edge to Alpha. I also really like DBA's Halcyon Hymns; it was fascinating to watch Roger work on it via livestreams!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X