Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ceasar’s Palace View Post

You need to have the books.
    Cheers to that!! I do have Views. Need the rest. Tis the season, I think I will write Santa a note!

Comment

Asia's 1st two album covers, with slight edge to Alpha. I also really like DBA's Halcyon Hymns; it was fascinating to watch Roger work on it via livestreams!

Comment

The Drama cover (gatefold) is my favorite

Comment

Originally posted by Old Frothingslosh View Post
          The Drama cover (gatefold) is my favorite
          How about something non-Yes?

SAVE THE BOGONG MOTH

Comment

Have to go with Greenslade for non Yes Dean covers

Comment

Originally posted by Old Frothingslosh View Post
              Have to go with Greenslade for non Yes Dean covers
              Yes. Loved the enigmatic many-armed man. So cool.
              And the best of Roger's human figures.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's another beauty. Cold, dark and glistening. Love it when he goes dark and snowy. Glass Hammer.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by soundchaser09 View Post
                  the original Asia is still awesome, the water dragon

Yeah, I think that one gets my vote, too.
                  "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

Comment

Two of my favourite non-Yes Dean covers.
                    Not so keen on Greenslade as a band, but Magna Carta's Lord of the Ages is a gem
                    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

As I mentioned in another thread, for a long time I only knew Osibisa for the cover of their first album. Today I finally heard the whole album, and I liked it!

Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
                      My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

And as for my favorite non-Dean Yes cover, I love the simplicity of the first album UK cover.

Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
                        My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	R-6126944-1411737044-1580.jpeg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.6 KB ID:	2606
                          I'm also rather fond of the Budgie: Squawk cover. He did another one for them (Never Turn Your Back On A Friend) which is good too in his familiar early style, but the Squawk concept is very cool in its dynamism and simplicity and the fact that it uses a real model plane with a real bird's skull. I quite like the band too.

Comment

Originally posted by soundchaser09 View Post
                            the original Asia is still awesome, the water dragon

This is related to the recent film Monster Hunter starring Milla Jovovich. How I don't know. Fan parody? Not official promo content for film.

Some youngster will know? Skankindead
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 12-13-2021, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ragtime View Post
                              Click image for larger version Name:	R-6126944-1411737044-1580.jpeg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.6 KB ID:	2606
                              I'm also rather fond of the Budgie: Squawk cover. He did another one for them (Never Turn Your Back On A Friend) which is good too in his familiar early style, but the Squawk concept is very cool in its dynamism and simplicity and the fact that it uses a real model plane with a real bird's skull. I quite like the band too.
                              Are you sure?

My RD book is at home and I'm at work, but my recollection is that he built a model plane with a bird's head grafted on. He then tried to photograph it with little success. As a result, the image on the album was actually drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post

This is related to the recent film Monster Hunter starring Milla Jovovich. How I don't know. Fan parody? Not official promo content for film.

Some youngster will know? Skankindead
                                yeah ive played a monster hunter game thats a lagiacrus- interesting edit on the asia album there
                                The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
                                -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
                                -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

Working...
                                X