Closer to the Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closer to the Sky

As reported on my blog, and also YF (and Henry's site too), Trevor guested on this track from Outlanders.

Rabin-esque
    my labor of love (and obsessive research)
    rabinesque.blogspot.com

Video not available to us poor Southern Hemispherics....so shall seek out by other means.

ELECTRIFY EVERYTHING

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
      Video not available to us poor Southern Hemispherics....so shall seek out by other means.

ELECTRIFY EVERYTHING
      Maybe this works for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK-SwQ9lMvA

Comment

That's weird - it should be, since it would already be tomorrow where you are.

After a few listens, I like it - it's has an Enya kind of vibe for me. I've never really been into Nightwish, so I haven't listened to her that much, but just the overall feel of the vocals and arrangement makes me think of Enya, although with warmer instrumentation. I do like Trevor's playing on it, just wish there was more of it, but it was a choice I'm sure.
        Rabin-esque
        rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by luna65 View Post
          After a few listens, I like it - it's has an Enya kind of vibe for me. I've never really been into Nightwish, so I haven't listened to her that much, but just the overall feel of the vocals and arrangement makes me think of Enya, although with warmer instrumentation. I do like Trevor's playing on it, just wish there was more of it, but it was a choice I'm sure.
          Ditto.

I don't like the planned release schedule of multiple singles over 18 months before a 2023 album release though!

Comment

Yeah, considering the demographic they are going to get, using those tactics is like torture to us!
            Rabin-esque
            rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

I kinda liked it? I listened to it when I saw it on OldYesFans earlier today, and I do want to hear it again. And, yeah, Trevor is mostly just a cameo appearance.

(Damn, I miss the old smilies.)
              Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
              My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

Originally posted by PeterCologne View Post
                Nope. Unavailable. Thanks for trying anyhow.

STREAM EVERYWHERE, WHY NOT?

Comment

Interesting to see this collaboration, I actually always thought that Nightwish could've done a great version of Endless Dream
                  "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

Comment

Working...
                  X