New Trevor Rabin album "Rio" TBR in 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Trevor Rabin album "Rio" TBR in 2023

According to Trevor himself his vocal solo album is in the can and ready for release.

From Henry's Yes Where Are They Now website:

"Rabin has recorded a new solo album, Rio. In an interview in the Apr 2020 issue of Prog, Rabin said he is working on a new solo album with vocals (in contrast to the largely instrumental Jacaranda, his previous solo album). On 26 Dec 2022, in a comment replying to a post on the Trevor Rabin Fans Facebook group, Rabin said:
    It is done, the cover is done, record company is done.
    It will will be announced soon.
    🥂🥂🥂
    I hope it will be enjoyed as much as I had creating it.!
    He also announced the title, Rio (which is his granddaughter's name), and shared the cover.

This for me is one of the best Yes related announcements in recent years. Bring it on - and soon please!!!

Comment

That's great. I was very impressed with Jacaranda and I hope there are some great songs on this new record. I am eager to learn what other players might be on it, he had some top players on his last record.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post
        He also announced the title, Rio (which is his granddaughter's name)
        Reportedly she dances on the sand just like that river twisting through a dusty land​.
        “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin W View Post
          This for me is one of the best Yes related announcements in recent years. Bring it on - and soon please!!!
          For me as well. Blasphemy probably, but I'm more excited about this than about a possible new Yes album....

Comment

For me as well. Blasphemy probably, but I'm more excited about this than about a possible new Yes album....
            You've gone over to the dark side! 😅

Comment

I agree. If he can take Jacaranda production, styling's, and playing abilities with a vocal approach and some good songs, this could be awesome! Maybe Fragile will be officially included. Probably not... Excited to hear what he came up with !

Comment

If the man can still sing then I’m all over this.
                “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

This is the ARW album redone.

Comment

It's not, actually. The conversations I had with him both in 2012 and 2020 - Trevor spoke about this project as completely separate from whatever he might have been writing for ARW.
                    Rabin-esque
                    my labor of love (and obsessive research)
                    rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm betting that we're gonna love it.

Comment

If he's ready to release it, it must be pretty good!

Comment

Originally posted by Frumious B View Post
                          If the man can still sing then I’m all over this.
                          That's my one worry also. Recent performances were a bit soso. But of course this is a studio performance which is completely different and one can take his time, plus that recording seems to have been done over a longer time span, starting years ago.
                          Last edited by Mr. Holland; 12-28-2022, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by luna65 View Post
                            It's not, actually. The conversations I had with him both in 2012 and 2020 - Trevor spoke about this project as completely separate from whatever he might have been writing for ARW.
                            Having a long film scoring career, I reckon Trevor is used to composing different things for different projects.

Comment

To echo what Arno, Kevin and Erik have said, this is the best news in the world of Yes that we’ve had in a long time. It’s been ten long years since Jacaranda and the vast desert of the Yes musical landscape hasn’t been pretty. Let’s hope Rio brings some hope and good fortune to that barren landscape.

Comment

Working...
                              X