Favourite Trevor Rabin Guitar Moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Trevor Rabin Guitar Moments

For me its probably the really fast bit in I'm Running, the ending section of Real Love and the opening of Lift me up. 😎
    The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
    -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
    -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

I am Waiting, I really love his playing on that. I do also fancy his work on I'm running, and I'll have to look but plenty of bits off of Jackaranda. Trevor is easily the member with the highest level of talent, and abuse from fans.

Comment

On YesWest records?

-Everything about "Real Love" but yes especially the end with the wild panning and the whammy and all that.
      -Everything in "Shoot High, Aim Low."
      -The beautiful acoustic at the end of "Final Eyes."
      -The solo in RoL.
      -All the little things in "City of Love."
      -How warm he sounds in "Hold On."
      Last edited by luna65; 11-16-2021, 12:58 PM.
      Rabin-esque
      my labor of love (and obsessive research)
      rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

• Leo the Lion
        Leo the Lion commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry I meant to hit like here Luna if that came out wrong, your choices are awesome!

The Calling.

Comment

I’m with you Luna…..Shoot High, Aim Low, Final Eyes and Hold On amazing Trevor play.
        Also, his playing on State of Play (and that tune in general) was never fully appreciated.

Comment

• luna65
          luna65 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree - I think "State Of Play" is sort of ahead of its' time with the way it blends genres.

Hearts for sure. Endless Dream, Hold On. I am a sucker for his playing, especially when he works in those fluid vocal-like phrases. Anlery Road is a Rabin masterpiece for me.

Listened to Make it Easy a few times the other day and really really enjoyed that. How that was not on 90125 and released as a single just boggles my mind.

Comment

The solo on Our Song is short but sweet.

Comment

I could just say "everything" and be done with it, but to keep it short:

- It Can Happen (so that's a sitar moment, but whatever)
            - Love Conquers All (but only the opening bit, the rest of the song doesn't do a lot for me)
            - Love Will Find a Way (the jangly acoustic thing)
            - Endless Dream (Silent Spring in particular)
            - Miracle of Life (such a great song, so overlooked)
            - I'm Running (as everyone else has pointed out)

Anyways, those are just a few, but yeah, YesWest is near and dear to my heart, just so many great sounding moments.

Comment

I have a bit of a different take on this one. My favorite Rabin guitar moment is not a song. But is the 4/30/84 show at the Spectrum. First time I finally(!) got to see Yes live! So that is a bit goofy. But it’s my honest first thought when I think of TR. 😊. And that great show.

For tune - I am going obvious - it’s Owner. I blabbed on the other site the great memories I have from getting 90125 on release day as a freshman in college and cranking it for the dorm. So - for me - it’s Owner. It has a special place in my heart. No pun intended. 😉

Comment

"Where Will You Be" Trevor shines on this one

Comment

Originally posted by Old Frothingslosh View Post
                  "Where Will You Be" Trevor shines on this one
                  Oh, absolutely. I didn’t mention it, only because it’s not really a moment, but a complete song...

Comment

Not too happy finding out at the actual venue that Steve wasn't on guitar anymore -shocked! !
                    Felt strange after that show. ...but after deeper listening to the album...
                    well...after that last solo at the end of Hearts, I was sold. .
                    absolutely beautiful. .gave me goosebumps, so I gave him the chance he deserved and I'm glad he stepped into Yes when he did..probably kept them going and gave them a 'hit'...
                    the live ARW performances left much to be desired, in my opinion regarding the showcasing of his skills..
                    Got Jakaranda, tho, & the talent was quite obvious...
                    yep...solo at end of Hearts is my favorite. ..

Comment

• Hearts
                      • Cinema
                      • Owner of a Lonely Heart
                      • Make it Easy
                      • Endless Dream intro
                      • Last minute of Real Love
                      • Jam with Tony Kaye about halfway through The Calling
                      • Pretty much all of Jacaranda, but especially Through the Tunnel

Comment

Working...
                      X