Trevor confirmed as scorer for National Treasure: Edge of History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trevor confirmed as scorer for National Treasure: Edge of History

As explained by my latest blog post, this is the new series on Disney+ which will be out in future - they're in post-production now, and Trevor has either finished or is in the midst of it, probably with Paul.
    https://rabinesque.blogspot.com/2022...good-news.html
    Last edited by luna65; 08-14-2022, 09:36 AM.
    Rabin-esque
    my labor of love (and obsessive research)
    rabinesque.blogspot.com

Ah! Wonder if this is sort of a one-off or that he will be picking up on his scoring career again.

Also wondering how far he is with his solo album(sl.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong
      You mean he's going to compose the soundtrack for a forthcoming TV series not that's he's going to be keeping score at a cricket match...?
      Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
      Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

I can’t say I care much about the show, because what I’m waiting for is the return of Nic Cage in the movie. Hopefully Trevor will score that as well.

I do wonder, is scoring a 10 episode show harder than doing a movie? Presumably there is more music involved, but perhaps a lot of it is repetitive?

Comment

I think scheduling-wise it's tougher, but you're coming up with shorter pieces of music, so...hard to say.
          Rabin-esque
          rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by JMKUSA View Post
            I can’t say I care much about the show, because what I’m waiting for is the return of Nic Cage in the movie. Hopefully Trevor will score that as well.

I do wonder, is scoring a 10 episode show harder than doing a movie? Presumably there is more music involved, but perhaps a lot of it is repetitive?
            I think the usual practice is to adopt the liet-motiv idea from Wagner (and other opera composers but it's Wagner to whom it's usually attributed), where characters are given a short melodic theme, and certain situations, dramatic/comedic/ironic/surprising/revealing/shocking, etc, similarly get their own themes, and then these get used, reused, adapted and combined through the course of an episode, and on through a series, depending on the narrative. It's an economical way for composers to score a series, or a film or film franchise, and provides hooks for viewers. It's the most common form for film and TV composers for that reason.
            Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
            Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

This should be really easy for Trevor, as he's evidently got 5 hours of unused music from another project just laying around

Comment

So my latest achievement is having totally scooped Film Music Reporter on this story. By nearly a month!
                Rabin-esque
                rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

For anyone who is interested in watching this show, it's going to premiere on Disney+ on December 14th with the first two episodes and then release the rest on a weekly basis.
                  Rabin-esque
                  rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                  X