Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Trevor Horn interview, NME

https://www.nme.com/features/music-i...erview-3092388

... with mention again of the mysterious YesWest song "Red Light Green Light".

I wonder who would have written the lyrics for a song calles Red Light Green Light. Sounds not so obviously Jon-ish.

If From A Page was possible, an album with unreleased stuff from Yes-West should not be impossible as well. What about the 88 to 90 recordings with Billy and Roger Hodgson and of course songs like Red Light Green Light and Time? Furthermore one could put the Paris-Sessions together with unreleased ABWH-material for another album. I wonder who owns all the unreleased tapes, Warner or what became out of it... well, Rhino?

Comment

Originally posted by bondegezou View Post

Could this have been repurposed as "Red Light Ahead" from the first Conspiracy album? The phrase "green light" is never mentioned in the song, but of course an early demo could have evolved significantly in the ensuing however many years.
      "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

Comment

Originally posted by downbyariver View Post

Could this have been repurposed as "Red Light Ahead" from the first Conspiracy album? The phrase "green light" is never mentioned in the song, but of course an early demo could have evolved significantly in the ensuing however many years.
        Good idea! You are onto something here. Though Trevor Horn seems to talk about a song that originates from the times around 90125 if I see this correctly. Didn't Sherwood and Squire on their project mostly do songs from the phase when they already worked together, beginning at the end of the 80s? But it might as well be that Red Light Ahead contains maybe parts of something created earlier... by Squire then?

Comment

Originally posted by bondegezou View Post

Yes wrote for Squid Game?

Comment

I thought it was a Conspiracy-era song. Didn't know it was as early as 90125 sessions...I'm intrigued !

Comment

Squid Game or. Yes write main theme for Matthew MacConahey's autobiography. Green lights.

Comment

Originally posted by downbyariver View Post
                I've wondered this too. It's possible, but then again it's fairly flimsy connection between the two!

Comment

So just read a Horn Appreciation thread over at SteveHoffmanMusicForums and

1. Where is the Buggles reunion album?

2. With Steve Howe guesting?

3. Why was the Buggles' Lost Gig pro-shot DVD 2010 never released?

SAVE THE BOGONG MOTH

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
                    1. Where is the Buggles reunion album?

2. With Steve Howe guesting?

3. Why was the Buggles' Lost Gig pro-shot DVD 2010 never released?
                    The Buggles album seems to be a slow-moving side project for Horn and Downes. As recently as Feb 2021, Downes said he and Horn were in "constant contact". Asked to compare Yes, Asia and The Buggles in am Apr 2021 interview, Downes said, "all three are still going today," but continued, "Not so much activity with The Buggles and Asia any more". If it appears, maybe Horn is on it.

Was the "Lost Gig" really pro-shot or is it just that modern amateur equipment is very good? I don't think there's ever been a plan for its release...?

Comment

Seems the gig was a charity one for a London hospital that tended Jill Sinclair. Organised by a Supperclub company that worked all over Europe. Small crowd. 300 or so punters. People say they could have sold way more tix and made more money in a small theater.

Perhaps Horn wasn't completely happy with the performance. Have seen some audience shot vids on YT but are of low quality.

Comment

Does hearing the song help identify the Yes track?

"All that dies dies for a reason - To put its strength into the season."

Comment

Originally posted by GAZ View Post
                          Does hearing the song help identify the Yes track?

The Yes song seems never to have been released, so we have no reference point. But you can hear how the drum sound sounds like '80s Alan White.

Comment

Working...
                          X