Top 3 Oliver Solo/Collab Albums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 3 Oliver Solo/Collab Albums?

Thought that this might be interesting as I have barely seen Oliver solo fans. His albums were pretty good when I was going through the YesSolo stuff and would like to see more people listening to his music, I suppose.

1) Mother's Ruin - An amazing album that can stand toe-to-toe with some of Rick's best stuff.
    2) Dark Fables - His newest one, yeah, but I found it to be enjoyable through and through.
    3) Jabberwocky - I don't find this one as good as the previous two but it was pretty enjoyable too.

Haven't heard too much Oliver solo, other than the Oliver/Clive Nolan albums. Nolan plays with Pendragon and Arena. Those Nolan Wakeman albums are pretty good and conceptual, in some ways like the sort of album Rick Wakeman used to make. Jabberwocky might be my favorite. The Sherlock Holmes one is good too and it's too bad they never had the time to develop the third one into the Frankenstein concept album they originally planned, but at least we got Dark Fables. I actually originally bought them for Clive Nolan, being a fan of Pendragon and 'neo-prog'. Oliver is sorta like the neo prog Yes keyboard player, having worked with people like Nolan and Damian Wilson. In fact, if you listen to his keyboard solo on To The Moment, it's very 80's Marillion-ish.

I have a CD-r of Mother's Ruin somewhere but forgot about it. I'll have to dig that one up one day and give it a proper listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwaveseeker View Post
      In fact, if you listen to his keyboard solo on To The Moment, it's very 80's Marillion-ish.
      I love the solo on "To the Moment" a LOT so now I'm kinda interested in checking '80s Marillion out. 👀

Comment

Working...
      X