Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Song of Seven Tour 1980

Jon on stage at Leicester De Montfort Hall, Dec 1980
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

He had a look going there...

Comment

"Change, We Must" INDEED.

Comment

Does anyone know if there are concert recordings of this tour available to download free?
        The Sheffield concert was released on CD a few years ago, but it's long since been out of print.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
          Does anyone know if there are concert recordings of this tour available to download free?
          The Sheffield concert was released on CD a few years ago, but it's long since been out of print.
          I thought you had some amazing Video to post (since you now know how to post Vids from YT Lol )

Comment

Originally posted by carlmarx38 View Post

I thought you had some amazing Video to post (since you now know how to post Vids from YT Lol )

Sadly not, though I'm sure it's out there, just waiting to be found...

Comment

Such a shame that this band with Clem Clemson and David Sancious had never an officially easily purchaseable live release !! Unbelievable even...

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp On Attack View Post
                Such a shame that this band with Clem Clemson and David Sancious had never an officially easily purchaseable live release !! Unbelievable even...
                That was a different band, the one for Animation and subsequent US tour. I have an unofficial CD release of that.
                UK Song of Seven Tour had John Giblin, Ronnie Leahy, Morris Pert, Dick Morrisey, maybe Clemson. I can remember jumping out of my seat when they did The Prophet!

Comment

That was a different band, the one for Animation and subsequent US tour. I have an unofficial CD release of that.
                  UK Song of Seven Tour had John Giblin, Ronnie Leahy, Morris Pert, Dick Morrisey, maybe Clemson. I can remember jumping out of my seat when they did The Prophet!
                  The New Life Band UK 1980:
                  Ronnie Leahy - Keyboards
                  Chris Rainbow - Keyboards/percussion
                  Barry de Souza - Drums
                  John Giblin - Bass
                  Joe Partridge - Guitars
                  Morris Pert - Drums/percussion
                  Les Davidson - Guitars
                  Dick Morrissey - Sax/Flute

Comment

The New Life Band UK 1980:
                    Ronnie Leahy - Keyboards
                    Chris Rainbow - Keyboards/percussion
                    Barry de Souza - Drums
                    John Giblin - Bass
                    Joe Partridge - Guitars
                    Morris Pert - Drums/percussion
                    Les Davidson - Guitars
                    Dick Morrissey - Sax/Flute
                    Still a great and quite luxurious band. From 1980 I remembered this fine live performance from german televison, he was part of the Klassik-Rock-Nacht, partly with orchestra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JhFcE9JMkI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=851uZZivhbI

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp On Attack View Post
                      That live album will eventually make its way to sale. It's likely the show from KBFH which was recorded in Asbury Park, NJ. The quality will be better than past unofficial releases of this show.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterCologne View Post

Still a great and quite luxurious band. From 1980 I remembered this fine live performance from german televison, he was part of the Klassik-Rock-Nacht, partly with orchestra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JhFcE9JMkI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=851uZZivhbI

Wow, that's pretty great ! Funny, but I just recently made a Jon compilation album of Olias + Song of Seven, and I think these are the only 2 songs from SOS I included ("Song of Seven" and "Hear It"). Never really liked the title track much, but rocking up the tempo just about elevates it from Mediocre to "essential listening". I'm so unfamiliar with the Jon/Vangelis stuff, had to
                        look up "One More Time" track (it's from the debut Jon/Vangelis album Short Stories). Here's another one that YouTube found for me :

Last edited by carlmarx38; 02-04-2022, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by carlmarx38 View Post

Wow, that's pretty great ! Funny, but I just recently made a Jon compilation album of Olias + Song of Seven, and I think these are the only 2 songs from SOS I included ("Song of Seven" and "Hear It"). Never really liked the title track much, but rocking up the tempo just about elevates it from Mediocre to "essential listening". I'm so unfamiliar with the Jon/Vangelis stuff, had to
                          look up "One More Time" track (it's from the debut Jon/Vangelis album Short Stories). Here's another one that YouTube found for me :

Wonderful version of I Hear You Now, the fragile Short Stories is one of my favourite solo-projects by Jon. From the Munich-show I especially dig the rhythmically Take Your Time, sounds like an Olias-outtake.

Comment

Yes, that was a fun 'I hear you now'!
                            (It made my head feel a bit like it was eating pebbles, but that's not a bad thing.)

Comment

Working...
                            X