X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZAMRAN is COMIN'

Just announced on Jon's FB page.

8 minute promo video.

Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 01-12-2023, 09:37 PM.

Comment

After more than 40 years of working on it, released at the same time as 1,000 Hands chapter 2 probably...

Comment

The music in the video sounds very nice. To me it sounds more appealing than 1000 Hands, I think. I'm sure some time and effort went into the video accompaniment - but I don't need the video to enjoy the sound. The video reminds me visually of those email greeting cards that I receive from relatives over the age of 85

Comment

ZAMRAN is COMIN'

Click image for larger version

Name:	320664635_493214542800687_3430991950981578528_n.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	35260

With the help of Michael Franklin???

Comment

Originally posted by True View Post
            The music in the video sounds very nice. To me it sounds more appealing than 1000 Hands, I think. I'm sure some time and effort went into the video accompaniment - but I don't need the video to enjoy the sound. The video reminds me visually of those email greeting cards that I receive from relatives over the age of 85
            Ha ha, but it's nice that your elderly relatives remember you and send you something, even if it's just an e-greeting.

Comment

Just listened to the sampler. Some of it sounds nice. And some of it suffers from that thing he does when he's trying to pack in too many words using what sounds like muddled, unstructured melodies.

Comment

I’ll buy it when it comes out. Hopefully 1000 Hands 2 is still on the schedule because I think I’d rather hear an album of songs than a concept album/sequel.
                Last edited by Frumious B; 01-14-2023, 06:54 AM.
                “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

1,000 Hands two still in the works but will come out. I'm looking forward to Zamran and believe it will be an immersive album to sink my teeth into.

Comment

I wasnt particularly impressed. Like IOK, he seems these days to sing over pre-written music and those glorious harmonies as we all heard on Olias are no where to be seen (heard)

Comment

A slightly different preview on YouTube:

Comment

I'm looking forward to this, hope it's actually going to be released soon
                        "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

Comment

Originally posted by highfell View Post
                          I wasnt particularly impressed. Like IOK, he seems these days to sing over pre-written music and those glorious harmonies as we all heard on Olias are no where to be seen (heard)
                          At least this pre- written music appears to be his own for a change. In some parts I think I hear a younger Jon. I hope the narration isn’t part of the final product. And why ‘contaminate’ it with some thrown in RSOG?
                          Anyway, it will be at least worth checking out.

Comment

Other than DBA, I just can't get into the solo releases or side projects anymore.

Comment

I think I'm looking forward to it, sounds a bit like old school Jon in places.

Thanks for that Youtube link, the FB one didn't work for me.
                              Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
                              My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

Working...
                              X