• pianozach
    Yes Master
    • Nov 2021

Now, that's funny!

Comment

• GAZ
      High vibration go on
      • Nov 2021

Just read this about The Edge from U2 in Bono's recent biography - It was a surprise to me:

ON THE GUITAR
      My first memory of David Evans is a geometrical one. The angular face on this boy who was
      leaning up against the wall of the Mall at Mount Temple, plucking a complicated guitar line
      from a progressive rock group called Yes.
      He didn’t look Irish, he didn’t look Welsh—
      although Wales is where he came from—he looked like a Native American. Or at least my
      idea of what a Native American looked like. His hair was brushed forward, and he was
      beginning, I guess you’d say, to get cool.

In 1976 he was fifteen, a year younger than me. He was in class with Ali, and it was
      said they were the best in their year. It was also said that he had a crush on her, that they
      might have gone for walks and things like that. My party piece with Ali—whom at that time I
      was not, technically, going out with—had been teaching her how to play George Harrison’s
      “Something.” On guitar. When I couldn’t actually play guitar. Now I had come up against a
      real guitar player. David Evans could play anything he wanted. Which might be shorthand
      for he could have anything he wanted.

This very intricate guitar part he was picking out right now on the school corridor was
      from a Yes album called Close to the Edge—I know—and it involved harmonics, those bell like
      notes he would later make famous.
      To this day we debate for hours why I think
      progressive rock was a bad thing. Edge always comes round to my viewpoint and then
      completely ignores what we’ve just agreed on. Progressive rock remains one of the few
      things that divide us.
      "All that dies dies for a reason - To put its strength into the season."

Comment

• Enlighten
        YesG-It Can Happen
        • May 2022

Originally posted by Davy
        Love this!
        Seinfeld is like, “I love this guy’s country music.”

Comment

• Somis Sound
          Onward...
          • Feb 2022

My friend went to this guys house to do an interview and said he had a bunch of Yes stuff and kept talking about them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	285
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	31439

Comment

• True
            Superyesfan
            • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Davy
            Love this!
            Who is that, in the photo with JA?

Comment

• alex peters
              Banned
              • Nov 2021

JA is in fine form. Still can bring it but he does look his age.

Comment

• Davy
                I like cookies.
                • Nov 2021

Originally posted by True

Who is that, in the photo with JA?
                Jerry Seinfeld ​​​​

Comment

• Gilly Goodness
                  Absolute Beginner
                  • Nov 2021

Boom Shak A Laka!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg-334.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	31458

Comment

• kkleinschmidt
                    Yes Master
                    • Nov 2021

Great to see Jerry with Jon! Wouldn't it be fun to see him do a Yes related stand up comedy set?

Not a U2 or Bono fan but it totally figures that The Edge was/is a fan of CTTE (and that Bono isn't apparently).

Comment

• luna65
                      "expert level" Rabinite
                      • Nov 2021

I really think it was the other way around with Jon and Jerry, lol. I can just imagine Jane shrieking "Oh my god that's Jerry Seinfeld!"

Shakira,...well, maybe except I think it was just her stylist finding a cool t-shirt.

It's been pretty well-established about ol'Sherm being a Yesfan, right?

I saw an interesting admission of Yesfandom a while back, can't remember who it was, though.
                      Rabin-esque
                      my labor of love (and obsessive research)
                      rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

• Grey Wolf
                        Had my liver rearranged
                        • Nov 2021

Originally posted by luna65
                        I really think it was the other way around with Jon and Jerry, lol. I can just imagine Jane shrieking "Oh my god that's Jerry Seinfeld!"

Shakira,...well, maybe except I think it was just her stylist finding a cool t-shirt.

It's been pretty well-established about ol'Sherm being a Yesfan, right?

I saw an interesting admission of Yesfandom a while back, can't remember who it was, though.
                        https://ultimateclassicrock.com/sher...ley-prog-rock/
                        Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
                        My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

• Davy
                          I like cookies.
                          • Nov 2021

Originally posted by luna65
                          No doubt. I saw this on Twitter last night, one of the funniest comments was:

"Gold, Jerry - gold!" 😅​​

Comment

• pianozach
                            Yes Master
                            • Nov 2021

For a mediocre comedian, Jerry Seinfeld is one of the world's most successful. While he only earned a total of $100,000 for the first season of "Seinfeld". By season 7 of the TV show, he was making $500K per episode, and the last season (season 9) was raking in $1 million per episode.

But that wasn't how his wealth snowballed; you see, Seinfeld retained 7.5% of the show’s backend equity points from the very beginning. Later on, as the show grew in success, he and co-creator Larry David negotiated a doubling of points to 15% apiece. This is essentially their minimum cut for every bit of official Seinfeld-related revenue in perpetuity from mugs to reruns on any goddamn channel and streaming. To this day, it’s estimated that both Seinfeld and David receive residuals of between $40 million and $60 million every year. When he tours he commands at least $20 million.

Seinfeld (the comedian) has earned approximately $800 million from Seinfeld (the show) since 1998.​ It's estimated that his current net worth is around $950 million

Comment

• True
                              Superyesfan
                              • Nov 2021

I didn't realize that was Seinfeld in that photo. I guess he is getting a little bit older as well. I wonder what the occasion was which resulted in the photo of Anderson with Seinfeld

I remember that Lady GaGa wore a Tormato t-shirt in one scene from the film A Star is Born

Comment

Working...