Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon Anderson - Rain Down

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Jon Anderson - Rain Down

    It's been available for stream for a few weeks now but I see it just posted yesterday on YouTube

    jon anderson, yes, progressive rock, rain down, radiohead, michael byrne

    #2
    The Radiohead bit is the best bit.

    Comment


      #3
      Lovely!

      An actual Jon Anderson/Jonny Greenwood collaboration would be very enticing....
      Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
      Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
        Lovely!

        An actual Jon Anderson/Jonny Greenwood collaboration would be very enticing....
        Seriously?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Ceasar’s Palace View Post

          Seriously?
          Absolutely! Why not? Greenwood is an excellent composer and musician, and I'm a big Radiohead fan. He's collaborated with a number of people previously and made some interesting music. I'd be intrigued to hear what such a collaboration might sound like. It's possible I wouldn't like it, but it's a chance I'd take.
          Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
          Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

          Comment


            #6
            Very nice

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

              Absolutely! Why not? Greenwood is an excellent composer and musician, and I'm a big Radiohead fan. He's collaborated with a number of people previously and made some interesting music. I'd be intrigued to hear what such a collaboration might sound like. It's possible I wouldn't like it, but it's a chance I'd take.
              It’s the Jon Anderson part of the equation I don’t get. It is beyond me what exactly it is in Jon‘s contribution to this song you find appealing.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Ceasar’s Palace View Post

                It’s the Jon Anderson part of the equation I don’t get. It is beyond me what exactly it is in Jon‘s contribution to this song you find appealing.
                His voice.
                Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

                  His voice.
                  That is (fortunately) a given. And apparently enough for you.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Ceasar’s Palace View Post

                    That is (fortunately) a given. And apparently enough for you.
                    What can I say? I'm a fan, apparently.
                    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

                      What can I say? I'm a fan, apparently.
                      Well that means a Jon Sings Elvis album would have at least one buyer...

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Ceasar’s Palace View Post

                        Well that means a Jon Sings Elvis album would have at least one buyer...
                        Well, he collaborated with Lamont Dozier in 1988, who co-wrote lots of Motown hits, and Jon has a fondness for soul music of that era, so I wouldn't be put off by him doing an Elvis track or two, anymore than I would by him doing some Smokey Robinson, for example. I have a great 3CD set of Elvis songs. I'd probably baulk at Edith Piaf though. She's sacrosanct to me.

                        I do realise you're merely trying to bait me, again, and I'd like you to stop please.
                        Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                        Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Anderson has already done Elvis

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

                            Well, he collaborated with Lamont Dozier in 1988, who co-wrote lots of Motown hits, and Jon has a fondness for soul music of that era, so I wouldn't be put off by him doing an Elvis track or two, anymore than I would by him doing some Smokey Robinson, for example. I have a great 3CD set of Elvis songs. I'd probably baulk at Edith Piaf though. She's sacrosanct to me.

                            I do realise you're merely trying to bait me, again, and I'd like you to stop please.
                            I honestly don’t know what baiting means here. But I get where you stand. You have a very wide appreciation of artists covering songs, while I have almost zero interest in that kind of thing. To each his own. It’s the story of my life: assuming that other people think the way I do.
                            Last edited by Ceasar’s Palace; 10-21-2022, 02:05 AM.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Enjoyed this. I like the more structured approach that echos something closer to classic JA solo albums. Could fit on Earth Mother Earth. At least as a bonus on a remixed version of the album lol.
                              Actually, I think it’s worthy of being fleshed out with a full band production.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X