• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon Anderson On Patreon

https://www.patreon.com/JonAnderson

"We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

Sorry Jon. I gave in the seventies.

Comment

Could be some cool things that come from that. My pessimistic side remembers that Jon is not always a finisher… great at starting things though. But if people are financing his projects directly on a reliable basis, it could be a different story.

If anyone here signs up, do report on what goes on. I am staying out for now. My (modest) patreon budget is already going to a few other people.

Comment

I think it's a great idea for Jon to release tons of stuff from the vault

Comment

Originally posted by John Vehadija View Post
          I think it's a great idea for Jon to release tons of stuff from the vault
          Agreed, but outside of the basic package, my...that's a lot of money !

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisklenox View Post
            Could be some cool things that come from that. My pessimistic side remembers that Jon is not always a finisher… great at starting things though...
            My reaction too. I fell for his 4th dimensional faerie dust before & learned my lesson.
            The Lost Tapes box set of 8 CDs with 11 blank spaces mocks me every time I look at the Yes Solos corner of my physical media pile.
            I would be a potential customer for any completed song, project, or whatever, in physical or digital format, that Jon might offer for sale, but he’ll get nothing on spec from me.

Comment

Yeah, I love Jon but I'm wary of things like this given his notorious tendency to get distracted and abandon projects. I'll keep an eye on what he's posting and how often (previews are visible if you scroll down), and might subscribe if enough of it takes my interest, but it's too early for that right now.

Comment

There is a 7 min song which is awesome Opus Part 1

Comment

I believe that was previously released on YouTube a few years back...?
                  Rabin-esque
                  my labor of love (and obsessive research)
                  rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

It's updated with vocals now

Comment

There is a 7 min song which is awesome Opus Part 1
                      I have too many songs about penguins already…

Comment

Originally posted by Khatrooper View Post
                        The Lost Tapes box set of 8 CDs with 11 blank spaces mocks me every time I look at the Yes Solos corner of my physical media pile.
                        I regret not picking these up when they were on iTunes years ago, but have long since disappeared, presumably into licensing hell, never to be heard from again…

Comment

You've gotta be kidding me. £90+ per month. Sheesh...

Comment

It's updated with vocals now
                            Ah okay.

I was thinking, in his page bio/statement/whatever he talks about wanting to create directly for fans, but what about the next Anderson/Stolt record? I would imagine that's already been commissioned by InsideOut because the first one was relatively well-received, so at least someone should get on the ball about that, unless Roine wants to do in-person sessions with the musicians involved (not Jon, obviously). But wow, paying him $1200 a year for content? Like, how many superfans would actually do that, I wonder?
                            Rabin-esque
                            my labor of love (and obsessive research)
                            rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Yep, even if ARW or Yes went this route, I would still only sign up for the basic package. I get that part of the appeal is helping out a musical hero, but still, for $120 I can buy a concert ticket, t-shirt, and the digital download.

Comment

Working...
                              X