We hope Igor will come back to music again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We hope Igor will come back to music again

I'm not sure what happened, but it's been 20 years and I wonder if he ever thinks of a comeback with a new album with Yes guests?
    "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

I saw him play live on The Ladder tour and was very impressed with his playing ability.
    "All that dies dies for a reason - To put its strength into the season."

Comment

I liked him as well and would take him back every time :-) In my book he is kind of a modernised Wakeman-version, as Romantic-orientated as Rick but with more ingrediants of modern electronica.
      And probably he would behave now ;-) But a solo-album with musicians out of the Yes-family of course would be more realistic and already fine.

Doesn't Jon sing "Hoping, forgiving and loving, the qualities of life... ?!

Comment

Yes dropped him like a dead fish. Remember Alan talking to 2 inane radio jocks, referring only to Igor as "the Russian guy" They were all yuckin' it up. It's a business. Not a family, unfortunately.

ELECTRIFY.EVERYTHING.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
          Yes dropped him like a dead fish. Remember Alan talking to 2 inane radio jocks, referring only to Igor as "the Russian guy" They were all yuckin' it up. It's a business. Not a family, unfortunately.

ELECTRIFY.EVERYTHING.
          Seems you are right... and I think it is quite exaggerating that the album True You, True Me, if I remember correctly, that Jon and Igor had recorded has not been released so far.

Comment

Too bad "True You, True Me" hasn't surfaced somehow
            "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

Comment

According to Wikipedia he's been doing sessions and some film work, composing, arranging and producing. His departure from Yes was under very unpleasant circumstances so I wouldn't be surprised if he prefers to keep his distance from that part of his past.
              Excellent musician, and I enjoyed his playing with Yes very much. A pity the Masterworks tour didn't come over here.
              Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
              Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

It's unfortunate because he was really great. He had all necessary ingredients and more. Very impressive.

Comment

He's still active. He's on this for example...

Comment

He was a good player, but he committed a serious crime and brought shame to the band. I don’t really care where he is now.
                    “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

Rule number six of Yes fandom should be “There’s ALWAYS another keyboard player.”

Comment

Henry, I never followed up/ looked up. But a couple years back, I posted I ran into Mark Trueack of Unitopia. He told me he was going to have Igor on a song, from an upcoming album. He had some environment/world themed album/double album. Not sure it was one of those. Mark use to be a record label guy. He told me his first job as a young man, was on a whale hunting boat. I'm assuming it's banned there now. It affected him do deeply that he helped kill a whale, that he changed himself, and committed himself to working on Earth friendly projects. Do that is why you see some of his choices in album themes. Nice guy, but you could still see the sadness and regret talking about that job, decades ago.

Comment

Originally posted by luvyesmusic View Post
                          Henry, I never followed up/ looked up. But a couple years back, I posted I ran into Mark Trueack of Unitopia. He told me he was going to have Igor on a song, from an upcoming album. He had some environment/world themed album/double album. Not sure it was one of those.
                          Yes, Mark talked about getting Khoroshev on the United Progressive Fraternity two-album project, Planetary Overload, but it didn't happen. There was talk at various times of getting Jon Anderson, Billy Sherwood and Nikki Squire guesting, but none of those happened either! Jon Davison did guest on the first album and is expected on the second album, although I am unclear when that might appear.

Comment

Originally posted by Frumious B View Post
                            He was a good player, but he committed a serious crime and brought shame to the band. I don’t really care where he is now.
                            He was not found guilty of any crime. He was charged with two misdemeanours, but there was an out-of-court settlement and, best I can tell, he avoided a trial. A contemporary report gave this description:

[a] security guard told the police that Khoroshev sat on her lap and attempted to put his tongue in her mouth. Then, in a move more typical of someone named "Vlad the Impaler" rather than "Igor," the latter day keyboardist sank his teeth into her neck in response to being rebuffed.

After the show, Khoroshev wasn't done. He approached another female security guard, and made lewd comments and then proceeded to fondle her buttocks.
                            He should not have done those things. But you admire musicians who have been charged and convicted of serious crimes, and others who have admitted to committing them but escaped charges, so is Khoroshev any less deserving of forgiveness for something he did 2 decades ago?

Comment

Originally posted by bondegezou View Post

He was not found guilty of any crime. He was charged with two misdemeanours, but there was an out-of-court settlement and, best I can tell, he avoided a trial. A contemporary report gave this description:

He should not have done those things. But you admire musicians who have been charged and convicted of serious crimes, and others who have admitted to committing them but escaped charges, so is Khoroshev any less deserving of forgiveness for something he did 2 decades ago?
                              He was good, no doubt about it, but he was also very replaceable. As far as I’m concerned Yes has never actually had a bad keyboardist. So combine the sexual assault rap and his embrace of guns and Donald Trump with his easy replaceability and the result is that I really don’t care what Khoroshev is doing these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X