Run With The Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run With The Fox

A new video for Chris and Alan's Run With The Fox, with a brief appearance by Pete Sinfield towards the end, who co-wote some of the lyrics.

A timely tribute to Chris and Alan.
    ❤️
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

I listened to it straight away on 1st December. RIP to the backbone of Yes, its ever present rhythm section...
    The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
    -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
    -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

This is up there with “Deck the Halls” and “Canon of the Bells.” A true Xmas classic.

Comment

A classic all by itself

Comment

Alternatively……..

Comment

heeehee. It's not Xmas until you show up. Nice song. Funny!!!

Comment

Funny coincidence of seeing a post about this song when I'm listening to it! Great song though. I enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
                heeehee. It's not Xmas until you show up. Nice song. Funny!!!
                Weirdly, the Antiques Roadshow is on in the background, and they’ve just played a classical version of the intro to this!

Does that come from a traditional Carol? Smarter minds than me might know.

Where’s Zach? He would know.

Comment

Originally posted by Inveryes View Post

Weirdly, the Antiques Roadshow is on in the background, and they’ve just played a classical version of the intro to this!

It's from a medieval carol I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

Do you know what it’s called?

(wife doesn’t believe me that it was the same tune)

Comment

The 'Sussex Carol', whence Run With the Fox derives.

It's no stretch at all to suppose it's a piece of music that Chris sang in his boy chorister days...

Comment

The 'Sussex Carol', whence Run With the Fox derives.

It's no stretch at all to suppose it's a piece of music that Chris sang in his boy chorister days...
                        You're correct, although your video link won't play without clicking through to Youtube. Here's a different version of the Ralph Vaughan Williams Sussex Carol.

Originally posted by Inveryes View Post

​I daresay that Vaughan Williams would have been offended by being thought of being considered as "Medieval"., seeing as he managed to stay alive through the mid-20th Century
                        Last edited by pianozach; 12-18-2022, 12:55 PM.

Comment

and another. Maddy Prior and the Carnival Band featurin' Flemish Bagpipes and mandolin .....

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg-378.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	33718
                          Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 12-18-2022, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Always liked the song. However I always thought it peculiar that, released between the somewhat more futuristic sounds of Drama and 90125, Run With The Fox seems to harken back to a Tormato sound or even Fish Out Of Water. Some of this could probably be attributed to Andrew Pryce Jackman, his orchestrator on his solo material and Onward from Tormato. I wonder if it was written/recorded earlier than 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwaveseeker View Post
                              Always liked the song. However I always thought it peculiar that, released between the somewhat more futuristic sounds of Drama and 90125, Run With The Fox seems to harken back to a Tormato sound or even Fish Out Of Water. Some of this could probably be attributed to Andrew Pryce Jackman, his orchestrator on his solo material and Onward from Tormato. I wonder if it was written/recorded earlier than 1981.
                              I don't think it has any connection with any of those releases beyond the fact of the participants. It is its own thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X