• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count Bass-ie

Comment

Originally posted by josuev80 View Post
      Count Bass-ie
      I have killed people for less than that !

Comment

Definitely Jon Camp from Renaissance!!!!- Listen to anything from Prologue to Azure d'Or- and its so much like Chris' style and skill- In fact I believe he was supposed to stand in for the ill Tony Levin on the ABWH tour which was filmed as the Yes Music Plus Video. - Jeff Berlin is a mighty bassist and probably a step above both JC and CS, but I think Jon would definitely have been much closer to Chris on the Yes tracks playing a Rick rather than the fretless JB did, and his vocals would have been a plus- missed opportunity there, in my view!

Comment

Originally posted by The sage View Post
          Definitely Jon Camp from Renaissance!!!!- Listen to anything from Prologue to Azure d'Or- and its so much like Chris' style and skill- In fact I believe he was supposed to stand in for the ill Tony Levin on the ABWH tour which was filmed as the Yes Music Plus Video. - Jeff Berlin is a mighty bassist and probably a step above both JC and CS, but I think Jon would definitely have been much closer to Chris on the Yes tracks playing a Rick rather than the fretless JB did, and his vocals would have been a plus- missed opportunity there, in my view!
          Are you saying Berlin can’t sing???

😉

Comment

Phil Lesh
            Richard Sinclair
            Geezer Butler
            Jah Wobble
            Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
            Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

The 1 and only Victor Wooten and the unbelievable multi talented Esperanza Spalding

Comment

I’d never heard of Esperanza Spalding, but now I have! Thanks for the tip. For others who aren’t aware, she’s a jazz bassist/vocalist/composer with five Grammies so far, plus a Soul Train Music Award for good measure. If you like a mix of fusion and traditional jazz, check her live performances out on YouTube. She plays electric and double bass.

As for Victor Wooten—great call!

Comment

The most underrated bass player ever has almost got to be Bill Wyman.

Comment

Originally posted by Insidious Grip View Post
                    The most underrated bass player ever has almost got to be Bill Wyman.
                    Adam Clayton.

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	25
Size:	946.1 KB
ID:	32991

Comment

Working...
                    X