Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live in Wiesbaden August 1969

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Live in Wiesbaden August 1969

    I expect everyone has seen this before, and I've just not been paying attention ...
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

    #2
    Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
    I expect everyone has seen this before, and I've just not been paying attention ...
    I have seen it, but it’s been a very long time since I have. It was wonderful to revisit it; thanks for posting!
    Memorare, O piissima Virgo Maria, non esse auditum a saeculo, quemquam ad tua currentem praesidia, tua implorantem auxilia, tua petentem suffragia, esse derelictum. Ego tali animatus confidentia, ad te, Virgo Virginum, Mater, curro, ad te venio, coram te gemens peccator assisto. Noli, Mater Verbi, verba mea despicere; sed audi propitia et exaudi. Amen.

    Comment


      #3
      The original Yes was such a powerhouse. Such a shame that there isn't more high-quality audio and/or video of them.

      That interview at the end is a hoot! You can tell that Bruford was the only "non-herbalized" member of the band at that particular moment...

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by profusion View Post
        The original Yes was such a powerhouse. Such a shame that there isn't more high-quality audio and/or video of them.

        That interview at the end is a hoot! You can tell that Bruford was the only "non-herbalized" member of the band at that particular moment...
        Can I just say that most people here in Leicester do not talk like Tony... We are not that posh, not at all..
        Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
        Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

        Comment


          #5
          Wow, first time seeing this footage. Original Yes could be positively electric. Cool interview at the end - Bruford witty as ever, Jon looked like he was orbiting Pluto. Peter Banks really animated on stage, somewhat a guitar hero. Like to see more of him. Lots to love with the first Yes. Thanks for posting this.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

            Can I just say that most people here in Leicester do not talk like Tony... We are not that posh, not at all..
            Quite. Have seen Rebecca Vardy on the telly. 😏

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post

              Quite. Have seen Rebecca Vardy on the telly. 😏
              Jamie is originally from Sheffield, and Rebekah from Norfolk, so neither have local accents.
              Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
              Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

              Comment

              Working...
              X