Songs from Tsongas vinyl edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Songs from Tsongas vinyl edition

I just grabbed this on vinyl for $43 at amazon, thought you might like to know. Four record set w/ an etched side 8 (side H?)

It also appears to be the whole show if I'm not mistaken. I was at this show and the setlist is grand, can't find any way to regret this purchase it seems.

Anyone have this item?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tsongas amazon.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	10769
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tsongas back.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	10770

Had the DVD back in the day. Loved the setlist. Sense of fun. G4T1 I to Sweet dreams. Wow. Bits of Mind Drive. Turn o' the Century. Great filmed gig. Up there with Symphonic.

Comment

Yep - I have it. Very pleased to get it, also from Amazon (but UK store). Time to get it out and play it again.

I recall feeling it had been mastered for vinyl well, it sounds really good with Squire’s bass very prominent.

Comment

My copy arrived this morning. It's awesome already and I haven't even opened it.

Comment

At the time this was originally released it was criticized by some fans for the band sounding kind of slow and flabby. In retrospect I think it holds up pretty well, especially compared to the current iteration of Yes. The set list is great and truly career spanning with more albums represented than any other live set in the entire history of the band all the way through to now.
          “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

Originally posted by Frumious B View Post
            At the time this was originally released it was criticized by some fans for the band sounding kind of slow and flabby. In retrospect I think it holds up pretty well, especially compared to the current iteration of Yes. The set list is great and truly career spanning with more albums represented than any other live set in the entire history of the band all the way through to now.
            Exaaaaaactly. It's like Keys To Ascension (live stuff) and the House of Yes live release were just leading us to this one like warm ups.

My wife and I were in the first few rows at this show somehow, and I only ever saw Yes like four times w/ Jon Anderson. So I'm partial to it for sure.

But great setlist, who can complain about the lineup (?!), gotta dig the art. The gatefold's got some pics of the Dean stage too. It's kind of the final release w/ Jon Anderson too right? Caps off that era really nicely.

I could sell this one door to door at this price too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dantalion Rides Again View Post

Exaaaaaactly. It's like Keys To Ascension (live stuff) and the House of Yes live release were just leading us to this one like warm ups.

My wife and I were in the first few rows at this show somehow, and I only ever saw Yes like four times w/ Jon Anderson. So I'm partial to it for sure.

But great setlist, who can complain about the lineup (?!), gotta dig the art. The gatefold's got some pics of the Dean stage too. It's kind of the final release w/ Jon Anderson too right? Caps off that era really nicely.

I could sell this one door to door at this price too.
              As far as official releases Tsongas is the end of the line. If you do bootlegs there are some really nice recordings from 2004 such as July 8, 2004 Lugano, Switzerland and September 17, 2004 Concord, California which is the third from last show of the tour and the last soundboard recording of the classic band.
              “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

Originally posted by Frumious B View Post

As far as official releases Tsongas is the end of the line. If you do bootlegs there are some really nice recordings from 2004 such as July 8, 2004 Lugano, Switzerland and September 17, 2004 Concord, California which is the third from last show of the tour and the last soundboard recording of the classic band.
                Yes, I've got a neat recording of my other show that year, the Sept 4 show in Essex County VT. But this being out on vinyl makes Tsongas even more officiller. It beats Ultimate Yes disc 3 as the final thing w/ Jon Anderson, gotta say.

Comment

Working...
                X