Omission of CTTE and Hearts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omission of CTTE and Hearts

I listened to this album last week for the first time in a while and have inserted in those two songs digitally into the show. I believe at the time, it was said those two songs were left off because the band was not happy with how they were performed. If included, it would have been an additional half hour of music which probably would have pushed it to a triple CD show. It's a shame there was no formally released version of Hearts post Yeswest. I also don't find CTTE to be any more plodding and/or mangled than any official release after that tour, especially post-Anderson although the 2000 and 2001 were pretty good and were officially released and Hearts sounded like it did on any of the shows on that tour.. Any imperfections could have been fixed in the studio. Thoughts?

Nice pic s.

I don't own the album, but have the d.v.d. More YES-music is always better! Those certainly would have been welcome additions.

Fyi, if folks do have the d.v.d, there's a section somewhere near the end, after the confetti goes all over the stage, where Jon, due to his poor choice of footwear/sandles almost goes ass over teakettle ( I believe that is the phrase), but somehow, amazingly saves himself from hurting himself. 'Good guy, good guy"

Comment

The reason why Hearts isn't on House of Blues is because Chris Squire was standing on Billy Sherwood's guitar cable and yanked it out during a guitar solo. Billy says it in a SOAL Night Live interview I believe.

Comment

Working...
      X