X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • highfell
    Superyesfan
    • Nov 2021

Bootleg vinyl : The Twelve Towers at Dawn

This is taken for the BBC recording of the Wembley show in the UK.

It is a single LP and side 2 overlaps somewhat with the “In the Round” double LP. The tracks are clearly shown on each side of the label.

Side 1 : Time and a Word ; Long Distance Runaround ; Fish ; Perpetual Change

Side 2 : Don’t Kill the Whale ; Circus from Heaven ; Awaken ; All good people ; Roundabout

I nearly didn’t bother bidding for this, because I had got “In the Round” until I realised the jewel in the crown of The Medley on side 1. This is magnificent but very annoyingly it stops at the end of Perpetual Change before the sublime segue way into Soon, but despite this , it is still very good and you can really hear the power of Chris Squire’s bass which isn’t from memory quite so prevalent on digital copies.

On side 2 , the short excerpt from Awaken is excellent.

Overall the quality of the sound is excellent and crystal clear. My copy has a scratch in the first track on side 2, but that isn’t a biggie.

Having both In the Round and Twelve Towers gives you the vast majority of the BBC’s broadcast of the Wembley show

Click image for larger version

Name:	166D767D-07E6-4EFD-BF80-6B3A79E3A91C.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	3049

Name:	3B489341-B9FA-4745-8709-30BD6C2CB023.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	3047

Name:	B5C2E9B3-DD5B-479B-B3D5-7B0AC6D8B18B.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	3048
    Attached Files
  • Chrisklenox
    Swamp Moorglade Rider
    • Nov 2021

Haaa man! We were bidding against each other on that! Thanks for posting the info about it. I have always wondered what exactly was on it since the track list did not make sense for vinyl if the songs were full length. On a side note, that seller had a bunch of cool stuff that I had never seen. Mexican promos with different covers, live stuff, etc.

I know what you mean about the vinyl version vs digital with this show. To me the In The Round lp absolutely smokes any digital version I have heard, and I have heard a ton of them. Starship Trooper in particular comes to mind as a great illustration of that.
    Last edited by Chrisklenox; 12-19-2021, 11:10 PM.
    "You too can become a vegetarian!"

Comment

• Chrisklenox
      Swamp Moorglade Rider
      • Nov 2021

Also, it blows my mind that Awaken was not on any of the boot lps in full back then. Yesshows World Tour ‘77, Live in London… every GFTO song except Awaken. The official Yesshows album should have had a volume two… Future Times, Silent Wings of Freedom, Awaken, To Be Over, Machine Messiah, and Revealing Science of God or The Ancient.

There IS a version of Awaken on that Affirmatives lp that has all the Paris Sessions stuff, but Awaken sounds like it was recorded off air from an am broadcast. Really bad sound. Plus it was still edited iirc. I used to have the record, and it’s one of the few Yes lps that I have ever cycled out of my collection immediately.
      Last edited by Chrisklenox; 12-19-2021, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• Ash Armstrong
        Old and grey...
        • Nov 2021

Ah, I remember it well...
        Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
        Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

• Gtkgasman
          Trying to be better….
          • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Chrisklenox
          Haaa man! We were bidding against each other on that! Thanks for posting the info about it. I have always wondered what exactly was on it since the track list did not make sense for vinyl if the songs were full length. On a side note, that seller had a bunch of cool stuff that I had never seen. Mexican promos with different covers, live stuff, etc.

I know what you mean about the vinyl version vs digital with this show. To me the In The Round lp absolutely smokes any digital version I have heard, and I have heard a ton of them. Starship Trooper in particular comes to mind as a great illustration of that.
          I saw those Mexican pressing promos also. Had them in my watched list for quite awhile last year. Pretty cool but just a little too pricey for me. I hope they went to a good home!!

Comment

• highfell
            Superyesfan
            • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Chrisklenox

Oops , sorry about that. There will probably also have been another item you will bid on and lost out on then …….The White Album - guilty as charged.

So the funny thing is that I just so happened to buy recently the Talk reissued vinyl from the same vendor but on Discogs, together with a ABWH - an evening of Yes Music Plus bootleg type copy called Long Distance Roundabout known to be of slightly dubious quality, and then by chance I saw he had all these Yes related bootlegs or white promos for sale on Ebay. So i knew he was a good seller and accurate in terms of record grade quality.

To begin with *all* I wanted from him on the Ebay sale was his white promo disks only of ABWH An evening of Yes Music Plus Vol 1 (basically now not available for under £100), and then i saw all the other YES goodies and ended up buying six or so items from him, and ironically the cheapest was the ABWH one.

I didn’t bid for the Mexico promos of Relayer, Drama and I think 90125, because they weren’t in good nick and I am not sure would have sounded better than my original LPs that I already have.

Comment

• highfell
              Superyesfan
              • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Gtkgasman

I saw those Mexican pressing promos also. Had them in my watched list for quite awhile last year. Pretty cool but just a little too pricey for me. I hope they went to a good home!!
              See above : not to me ; I was his other stuff ……

Comment

• Gtkgasman
                Trying to be better….
                • Nov 2021

That’s interesting. Yeah. Once you get going with a seller it’s hard to stop. 😊

i, interestingly enough, got my White Yes Album, from the wonderful Mr Remy!!!!

Comment

• Chrisklenox
                  Swamp Moorglade Rider
                  • Nov 2021

Originally posted by highfell

Oops , sorry about that. There will probably also have been another item you will bid on and lost out on then …….The White Album - guilty as charged.

So the funny thing is that I just so happened to buy recently the Talk reissued vinyl from the same vendor but on Discogs, together with a ABWH - an evening of Yes Music Plus bootleg type copy called Long Distance Roundabout known to be of slightly dubious quality, and then by chance I saw he had all these Yes related bootlegs or white promos for sale on Ebay. So i knew he was a good seller and accurate in terms of record grade quality.

To begin with *all* I wanted from him on the Ebay sale was his white promo disks only of ABWH An evening of Yes Music Plus Vol 1 (basically now not available for under £100), and then i saw all the other YES goodies and ended up buying six or so items from him, and ironically the cheapest was the ABWH one.

I didn’t bid for the Mexico promos of Relayer, Drama and I think 90125, because they weren’t in good nick and I am not sure would have sounded better than my original LPs that I already have.
                  Well, I’m sorry I drove the price up on Twelve Towers and The White Yes Album! Had I known it was you, I would have just let it go. Haha congratulations on the sweet haul!

Yeah, I doubt those promos sound much better than the Piros or Ludwig mastered standard ones. Cool covers though! For the official albums you can put together a collection of primo pressings in mint condition for like almost nothing compared to The Beatles, Floyd, Zep. If patient, you could get every lp from 1969 -1991 for under $100, total. Yes sold so many records in the 70’s and 80’s that these days the supply is 40x what the demand is… sadly. It’s harder to get a mint copy of the original Fly from Here than it is to get a mint sealed copy of Fragile. Heck, I bought a sealed copy of Time and A Word earlier this year for 20 bucks. Paid like 8 for a sealed Tormato. Haha

Comment

• John Vehadija
                    Yesseeker Admin
                    • Nov 2021

Hey, wow, I'd love a copy of this! Were they on eBay?
                    "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

Comment

• Gtkgasman
                      Trying to be better….
                      • Nov 2021

Originally posted by John Vehadija
                      Hey, wow, I'd love a copy of this! Were they on eBay?
                      Yep. They show up on eBay occasionally. And go fast.

There’s a few other boots at reasonable prices on there now: Yesshows 1977 w/ the sleeve, Yes Indeed w/ sleeve but no cartoon back, Lonely Hearts. And some others that are unreasonable. 😁.

Oh. There are prob others also. Those are just a couple I was watching. That I Might get to have diff labels than mine.....

I broke down yesterday after a long time searching local haunts and shows, etc and just got the following ......
                      Last edited by Gtkgasman; 01-07-2022, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• highfell
                        Superyesfan
                        • Nov 2021

There’s a few other boots at reasonable prices on there now: Yesshows 1977 w/ the sleeve, Yes Indeed w/ sleeve but no cartoon back, Lonely Hearts. And some others that are unreasonable. 😁.

Oh. There are prob others also. Those are just a couple I was watching. That I Might get to have diff labels than mine.....

I broke down yesterday after a long time searching local haunts and shows, etc and just got the following ......
                        Nice find.

I have built up quite a good collection in a relatively shortly period of time. I normally pay £30 for a single LP but for a rarer one maybe up to £50, ie The White album, but on the basis of near mint or sometimes VG + media/disk quality.

I wasn’t aware of Yes Indeed before , but the sound quality seems poor and its on at £110 plus shipping from the US ; so I’ll pass on that one.

Yesshows 77 is on my target list but shipping from the US makes the cost a little too high.

Comment

• PeterCologne
                          Yes-East-West-Fan
                          • Nov 2021

This one isn't bad at all as well if you like GTR, you can copy it from youtube:

Jekyll and Mr HydeHere I waitThe HunterWhen The Heart rules the mindPrizefightersImaginingYou can still get throughReach out(Never say no)

Comment

• Gtkgasman
                            Trying to be better….
                            • Nov 2021

Originally posted by PeterCologne

This one isn't bad at all as well if you like GTR, you can copy it from youtube:

Jekyll and Mr HydeHere I waitThe HunterWhen The Heart rules the mindPrizefightersImaginingYou can still get throughReach out(Never say no)
                            Thanks!! Yeah - I have this downloaded! GTR was first time I got to see Howe (and only time i saw Hackett) live. 👍. Some good fun. Some good hooks. Some cheese. Lol. Good to put on every now and then

Comment

• Gtkgasman
                              Trying to be better….
                              • Nov 2021

Originally posted by highfell

Nice find.

I have built up quite a good collection in a relatively shortly period of time. I normally pay £30 for a single LP but for a rarer one maybe up to £50, ie The White album, but on the basis of near mint or sometimes VG + media/disk quality.

I wasn’t aware of Yes Indeed before , but the sound quality seems poor and its on at £110 plus shipping from the US ; so I’ll pass on that one.

Yesshows 77 is on my target list but shipping from the US makes the cost a little too high.
                              Thanks.

Understood completely what you are saying about cost + shp. Damn shipping!

In my experience. Lol. That sounds funny. Yesshows 77 is easier to find, shows up a lot, so you can shop around for sure. I don’t have one with the Ruthless Rhymes label. I Have two others. Yes Indeed seems harder to come across. So yeah it’s high. I have two here also, 1 blue and 1 yellow insert, and diff labels.

I havent pulled the trigger cause of what I have.

I understand waiting. Plenty out there to keep collecting til you get stuck.

The GTR is a double lp and I got it for $126 w/ shp.

——And for the Unreasonable on eBay - check out “evolution continues”, “live in Europe”, “live in Japan “. You’ll get a good laugh!!!!! I want em.......but whoaaaaa
                              Last edited by Gtkgasman; 01-07-2022, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...