Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awaken, Unions tour and ARW recording.

Comment

Parallels, from Yesshows. Better than the studio version, and that’s a rare thing, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Roundabob View Post
        YIND and Perpetual Change from Yessongs. Bruford’s drum solo on Perpetual Change is the best drum solo I have ever heard, and I actually found it to be memorable.
        Quite. Perpetual Change from Yessongs.

2nd place? Every single live version of Roundabout, just for the organ solos in the middle.

Comment

Oooh. Ok. Been two months since I chose. So I want a second choice also too.

1st was YIND from YESSONGS.......I could easily choose CTTE now, and so on, but I will only limit myself and choose 1 from YESSONGS....😊

2nd is GATES from Yesshows- two reasons, one - song is great, two- remembrance of freshman college - and a floor mate yelling down the hall - “time for live Gates!!”, When she wanted to blow off steam. She was a great girl, loved Jon, played acoustic guitar, and held a candlelight birthday party for Jon, she was a sixties/seventies chick in the 80’s for sure. We would both put on our LPs at opposite ends of the hall and see if we could sync em up. 😊

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
            YIND.

For Steve's meltdown solo. The album. Not the film version

Sorry have to Post this ..........you said MELTDOWN Solo ?

sorry but Steve Lost that round......Although Steve is still my preference over Trev.......I simply have to give Rabin the prize on this, for pure Bombast and shock Value

Comment

Originally posted by carlmarx38 View Post

Sorry have to Post this ..........you said MELTDOWN Solo ?

sorry but Steve Lost that round......Although Steve is still my preference over Trev.......I simply have to give Rabin the prize on this, for pure Bombast and shock Value

Well this Russian judge has to disagree. Howe did fine and Rabin owes that dead cat an apology. You picked possibly the worst example. Nyet!

Comment

For as many people as I've encountered online who hate Trevor's solo, it was the perfect thing for an arena full of drunk/high fans and slobbering fanboys back in the day. 🤣

I guess it was shocking for those who'd never gone to see YesWest, but otherwise Trevor played his solo the same way he'd been playing since the beginning.
                Rabin-esque
                my labor of love (and obsessive research)
                rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                X