No announcement yet.

New Arc Of Life - Don't Look Down - Nov 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SWS. An unexamined opinion is not worth havin'. Bravo!

Is the song any good? Not really.

Comment

Originally posted by bondegezou View Post

Should I ask Soundwaveseeker what the best Billy Sherwood material they've heard is? Yes.
      Should I ask Soundwaveseeker what the most disappointing/worse Sherwood material they've heard is? Yes.
      Best Sherwood stuff for me (not counting anything he's done with Yes) would be the first and latest Circa albums (Circa 2007 & Valley Of The Windmill) which I love, the first two World Trade, and Conspiracy for bands. What Was The Question, Archived, maybe Speed Of Life and Big Peace are his top solo albums for me. Citizen too when I'm in the mood. Those I like a lot.

​Worst/least best for me probably would be the second Citizen one and stuff like Divided By One and a lot of Oneirology and Art Of Survival, kinda in one ear and out the other material. Also the most recent World Trade one Unify was a little disappointing because it was more like a solo album rather than the first two. Also the recent Prog Collective was a little throwaway, though I liked his Year Of The Cat and the Caravan Land Of Grey And Pink cover.

Will I buy the next Sherwood related album? Yes.
      Will I like them? I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwaveseeker View Post
        Best Sherwood stuff for me (not counting anything he's done with Yes) would be the first and latest Circa albums (Circa 2007 & Valley Of The Windmill) which I love, the first two World Trade, and Conspiracy for bands. What Was The Question, Archived, maybe Speed Of Life and Big Peace are his top solo albums for me. Citizen too when I'm in the mood. Those I like a lot.

​Worst/least best for me probably would be the second Citizen one and stuff like Divided By One and a lot of Oneirology and Art Of Survival, kinda in one ear and out the other material. Also the most recent World Trade one Unify was a little disappointing because it was more like a solo album rather than the first two. Also the recent Prog Collective was a little throwaway, though I liked his Year Of The Cat and the Caravan Land Of Grey And Pink cover.
        Good choices, both ways!

Comment

The video doesn’t bother me. The lyrics are somewhat though provoking, even if a bit simplistic and repetitive. If JD and Billy did some interesting vocal harmonizing, the song would have been helped a lot. There’s nothing particularly interesting about it on par with anything from the debut album along with pretty decent production.

Comment

This song (All Things Considered) is pretty lame even by Billy Sherwood's standards. Everything on the 1st AoL album was better than this. Just a filler with no real melody and primary school lyrics. I considered the first album a pretty good surprise and I expected the second album would be even better. But if this track is an indication of the other songs...Wow...

Comment

I wonder if there will be a Japanese import with a bonus track. They did so for the first album with an acoustic version of one of the songs as a bonus track.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp On Attack View Post
                This song (All Things Considered) is pretty lame even by Billy Sherwood's standards. Everything on the 1st AoL album was better than this. Just a filler with no real melody and primary school lyrics. I considered the first album a pretty good surprise and I expected the second album would be even better. But if this track is an indication of the other songs...Wow...
                I've been noticing a pattern: When artists have an album scheduled to be released, they'll release a 'preview', which ends up being the least likeable track.

Happened with Taylor Swift's new album - the 'preview' track was some lame electronic dance vibe track, while the album itself itself is quite good, excellent IMO.

Comment

Well if this it's true...

Comment

Originally posted by pianozach View Post

I've been noticing a pattern: When artists have an album scheduled to be released, they'll release a 'preview', which ends up being the least likeable track.

Happened with Taylor Swift's new album - the 'preview' track was some lame electronic dance vibe track, while the album itself itself is quite good, excellent IMO.
                    Often an artist will release either what they feel represents the album or in the case of 'prog' bands, the shortest cut on there. They don't want to give away all the good stuff early on, it seems. Often that is true that the 'single' isn't the best track on the album. I get a feeling that if The Yes Album were released today, 'A Venture' would be the track released as a digital single.

Comment

A second digital single was posted to YouTube in October, and we had a short conversation about it on a different less trafficked subforum here on YF, but I thought perhaps it'd be a good idea to post it here as well since a lot of people following this thread may have missed the other one.

This second song seems to be getting better reviews from fans than the first one.

We're just 11 days away from the album release now, which I'm really looking forward to.

Its nice to see the commitment these guys, and especially Sherwood, have to creating new rock and roll for us to enjoy.
                      Last edited by downbyariver; 11-07-2022, 10:28 AM.
                      "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

Comment

Originally posted by pianozach View Post

I thought there weren't any previews for Midnights: "Anti-Hero" was the lead single, which came out the same day.

But, yes, excellent album. I keep singing "Snow on the Beach" to myself.

Comment

Originally posted by downbyariver View Post
                          We're just 11 days away from the album release now, which I'm really looking forward to.

Its nice to see the commitment these guys, and espicially Sherwood, have to creating new rock and roll for us to enjoy.
                          I'd love to hear a new album from Sherwood, Davison, Haun, Schellen and Kerzner. What worries me is we're getting a new album largely from Sherwood, or maybe Sherwood/Davison, with Haun, Schellen and Kerzner effectively just playing on a session! ;-) And we get a lot of Sherwood-led projects. I admire Sherwood's commitment and work ethic, but I'd like a bit more focus on quality over quantity with his output.

Comment

Sounds like the 2nd Conspiracy album and all the stuff that came after it. Lots of processing. didn't really grab me, other than the solo section. Jimi is a great guitarist.

Comment

The full album came out sometime between midnight and 1am EST.

I'm on my second listen through. Good stuff. I like hearing Juano and Billy singing together. I've long thought there was a special synchronicity between their vocals, and this band is really creating a platform to explore that.
                              Last edited by downbyariver; 11-20-2022, 12:23 AM.
                              "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

Comment

This once again shows rock musicians are rarely creative after 50.

Comment

Working...
                                X