All is fair in love
    Welcoming the dawning of our new day
    All is fair in love
    New day
    "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003
  • Ceasar’s Palace
    The Said Remark
    • Nov 2021

I hope the music is better than the words...

Comment

• downbyariver
      I eat at chez nous
      • Nov 2021

I'm looking forward to the album.

Did he happen to mention a release date?
      "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

Comment

• Soundwaveseeker
        Yes Master
        • Nov 2021

I like how every year a Billy Sherwood album of some sort comes out, be it a solo album or some band project. I look forward to it. I don't mind those kind of love lyrics if the song is catchy enough or sound good. In fact, I wouldn't mind an album from him that was a bit more on the melodic rock side with big choruses and such rather than a lot of stop-and-go proggy stuff.

Hopefully we see it sooner than later, though I wonder if whether this or the Arc Of Life comes out first.

Comment

• downbyariver
          I eat at chez nous
          • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Soundwaveseeker
          I like how every year a Billy Sherwood album of some sort comes out, be it a solo album or some band project. I look forward to it.
          I do as well. In an era where young and old bands and musicians alike usually produce far too few new studio albums for my tastes (If they still record at all), we can count on Billy to have some new music out on a regular basis. His prolific nature as an artist in an era where it's a rarity is part of why he quickly became one of my favorite musicians. He values what I value, and gets new things out the door for the fans even though albums don't make a whole lot of money for almost anyone these days.

I wish more musicians took his approach to things.

And I am not even taking his cover albums into account, just the new material (I have to admit I often skip the all-cover albums).

I don't mind those kind of love lyrics if the song is catchy enough or sound good. In fact, I wouldn't mind an album from him that was a bit more on the melodic rock side with big choruses and such rather than a lot of stop-and-go proggy stuff.
          Some of Billy's best songs are his love songs. l'd really enjoy a sort of throwback album that flashes back to his Lodgic days and work with David Foster (Chicago, Peter Centers) and the Toto guys in the 80s- maybe something like the last two Police albums meets Phil Collins' No Jacket Required meets Chicago 17 meets Cetera's Solitude/Solitaire with a little bit of a Genesis Invisible Touch era vibe. Original material in that vein, of course, not covers or reimagining his own prior work. Sherwood has enough progressive rock irons in the fire that I don't think we'd need worry that an album like that would signify that his prog work was done or that he was shifting away from it long-term.
          Last edited by downbyariver; 06-08-2022, 09:26 PM.
          "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

Comment

• Soundwaveseeker
            Yes Master
            • Nov 2021

Billy's Toto roots don't come out to play as often as his Yes leanings, it may be time for an album like that. I always look forward to 'this year's edition' Billy Sherwood album or Sherwood-initiated band.

As for the Police - that's a tribute album (like the ELP one or the Chris Squire one) that he would excel at. The Police were as progressive actually as anyone else mentioned on this site and Sherwood could tackle it pretty good - and maybe do all the vocals himself rather bring in a batch of singers like usual. He usually sings a song or two on these albums. Maybe rather than do all the instruments and bring in singers like he does, he could do all vocals bass and keys and bring in drummers and guitarists. A Police tribute would work.

Another tribute album he could do - as I haven't seen anyone else do one yet - is one for Kansas. It's overdue, actually. I'm not a hug fan of Gentle Giant as yet but he could make that work as well. As far as these tribute albums go, they can be hit or miss. The one for Supertramp was decent. I wonder why Prog Collective went covers? I'll give it a chance though. Billy Sherwood proggin' up some folky yacht rock wasn't what I expected, but I'll check it out.

Comment

• bondegezou
              Panther
              • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Soundwaveseeker
              As for the Police - that's a tribute album (like the ELP one or the Chris Squire one) that he would excel at.
              He said he was working on a Police tribute album in 2008 but nothing further was heard of the project.

Comment

• Grey Wolf
                Had my liver rearranged
                • Nov 2021

So where's the video? 😎
                Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
                My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

• Steve983
                  • May 2022

This may have been posted elsewhere but a good interview with Billy here:

Comment

• rabin105
                    Yes Master
                    • Nov 2021

I will check it out any idea on a release date

Comment

• downbyariver
                      I eat at chez nous
                      • Nov 2021

Anyone have any updates on this album?

Comment

• Drone Decipher
                        Diddit
                        • Sep 2022

How have I never heard of this until today?

Comment

• patrickq
                          251st biggest Yes fan
                          • Nov 2022

Originally posted by Ceasar’s Palace
                          I hope the music is better than the words...
                          😂
                          Sherwood is no Shakespeare. Then again, Shakespeare wasn’t much of a bassist.

Comment

• Gilly Goodness
                            Absolute Beginner
                            • Nov 2021

Originally posted by patrickq
                            😂

Sherwood is no Shakespeare. Then again, Shakespeare wasn’t much of a bassist.
                            Speakin' of Willie Waggle Dagger and YES lyricists.

"Upon us equal shines the sun" has a certain Shakespearian sonnet like quality. 🤔

" All for the tragic, karmachromatic " could have been said by Macbeth 😉

Click image for larger version  Name:	images.jpeg-781.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.5 KB ID:	57425

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230907_083641.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.34 MB ID:	57424
                            Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 09-06-2023, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Somis Sound
                              Onward...
                              • Feb 2022

I was surprised by the album title. It's a little too close to another expression.... lol

Comment

Working...