"Imagine" drums stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Imagine" drums stolen

Newcastle Washington police have reported squatters have stolen items from Alan's house and then details of his storage units. Where they took the drums Alan played on Imagine and AllThingsMustPass.

Alan is said to be heartbroken according to Gigi.

Hope they catch the scoundrels and return those sacred drums. Go to FOX13 Seattle. Watch news video. Alan is really frail. Very sad.

Click image for larger version  Name:	06032021_alanwhite_153229.jpg Views:	0 Size:	178.1 KB ID:	12308
    Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 04-08-2022, 08:26 PM.

Just saw it on Twitter, where Yes Official put up messages containing pics of the thieves

https://twitter.com/yesofficial/stat...SduXPeb2Q&s=19

https://twitter.com/yesofficial/stat...ACuUkKU1Q&s=19

How sad. I hope his drumset will be recovered soon.

Comment

Seattle has major issues with crime and homelessness. I hope White gets his stuff back.
      “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

The thread listing says "...stolen by Gilly Goodness."

You've given yourself away, mate!

Comment

What a terrible thing to happen! The thieves broke into Alan’s house and stayed there over several days, finding documentation about his storage place and then stealing stuff out of that (including the drums).

https://www.q13fox.com/news/thieves-...f-fame-drummer

Comment

bastards
            The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
            -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
            -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

Really sad news and I hope they find their way home...

Recently in the Cincinnati area thieves have been getting into USPS mailboxes where people drop off letters, apparently using a key that was also stolen, taking checks out of the mail, changing the values and names on the checks, and cashing them for $10K and up. It's all over the local news and it's to the point where people are being directed not to use these mailboxes or put outgoing mail in their home mailbox in favor of dropping off mail directly inside a branch. We know someone who got ripped off an 83 year old woman lost $13K out of her checking account leaving her $5K savings. She's convinced she will get the money back but the sad truth is even if they catch the thieves the money will probably never be returned (and of course USPS and the banks involved claim zero responsibility). Oh and the name on the check was Fidel Castro (I'm not joking).

Bastards indeed.

Comment

Strange and sad story. I wish there was more info on how the police were able to recover the items which have been recovered.
                I am assuming that Alan and Gigi were away from home when the theives broke into their home, but it's not clearly reported. What a strange crime - the thieves spend days at the White home, and then obtain details onwhere Alan stores his drums, and then go and steal the drums. The men in the photo certainly do not look like prog fans BTW.

Upon seeing the footage of Alan talking with the TV reporter, I am thankful that he was able to drum on The Quest and contribute to another Yes project. I hope that he regains full health. A class act, Alan White.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire Square View Post
                  The thread listing says "...stolen by Gilly Goodness."

You've given yourself away, mate!
                  How dare you! You will be hearin' from my lawyers. 😆

Comment

Terrible!

Yup, much of that area has indeed become a shit-hole.

Home security systems can always be compromised. You would have hoped the Whites had a good system in place. You never know what's going to happen now a days. But, I'm a big believer in having someone stay at someone famous' main house when they go away. Just to keep an eye on things.

This is all Alan needs. We love you, Alan!

Comment

Originally posted by luvyesmusic View Post
                      Terrible!

Yup, much of that area has indeed become a shit-hole.

Home security systems can always be compromised. You would have hoped the Whites had a good system in place. You never know what's going to happen now a days. But, I'm a big believer in having someone stay at someone famous' main house when they go away. Just to keep an eye on things.

This is all Alan needs. We love you, Alan!
                      Even having someone there doesn’t make it completely impossible. They could steal something themselves, or be overpowered.

Comment

Alan and Gigi were on vacation. Alan sounded completely broken in the two stories I saw, one of which ran longer. I hope they find all of it. Those items should be handled with white gloves like the historical artifacts they are when they are handled at all. One item fell of a truck, was smashed and recovered. I hope having the photos will help them recover all of that. How violated they must feel, that they had the nerve to stay at their place and go through everything like that. I'm heartbroken for Alan and Gigi and wish them the best as they navigate this journey. Safe recovery of everything. Prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post
                          Just saw it on Twitter, where Yes Official put up messages containing pics of the thieves

https://twitter.com/yesofficial/stat...SduXPeb2Q&s=19

https://twitter.com/yesofficial/stat...ACuUkKU1Q&s=19

How sad. I hope his drumset will be recovered soon.
                          Alan and Gigi are good people. I hope they find peace and I hope they get their artifacts back. Also, based on the first photo, I think Don Johnson and Seth Green have some explaining to do.

Comment

The headline from this article: Alan White's Ludwig drum kit, used on John Lennon's Imagine has been stolen | MusicRadar says - WHAT? Or have I been asleep for the last few months?

Comment

I've looked online for any developments about the theft, the recovery of the kit or any arrests made but found nothing beyond the original report. Has anyone heard anything more, and how Alan is holding up?
                              Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                              Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Working...
                              X