X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soulsearcher
    replied
    Originally posted by ragtime View Post
    Everything 'new' stops being really new not long after it begins. Like a new car is potentially second-hand as soon as someone drives it off the showroom forecourt. Computer drives are notoriously littered with redundant folders called 'New Folder'. And there is an area of southern England called The New Forest which was marked out and named as such by William The Conqueror almost a thousand years ago. Like the city of Newcastle, the word 'new' eventually just becomes part of the history of a thing. The name 'The New Yes Fans' will always indicate and memorialize the fact that there was a previous version, even long after its demise
    Exactly ! The New Yesfans is a perfect name.❤

Leave a comment:

• Chris2210
    replied
    No, I like it - it memorialises the original and does what it says on the tin. Good job so far as I’m concerned.

Leave a comment:

• John Vehadija
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris2210 View Post
    Yeah “newyesfans” sounds like a tribute to Yesfans in a way New Labour was never a tribute to Labour. A bit like Lucifer calling himself New Jesus; congratulating the money lenders, putting out the gospels to private tender. Highest bidder wins, with a nice non-executive status in the church with a big, fat stipend.
    How would you have called it? we can still change the name

Leave a comment:

• Chris2210
    replied
    Yeah “newyesfans” sounds like a tribute to Yesfans in a way New Labour was never a tribute to Labour. A bit like Lucifer calling himself New Jesus; congratulating the money lenders, putting out the gospels to private tender. Highest bidder wins, with a nice non-executive status in the church with a big, fat stipend.

Leave a comment:

• John Vehadija
    replied
    Originally posted by ragtime View Post
    Everything 'new' stops being really new not long after it begins. Like a new car is potentially second-hand as soon as someone drives it off the showroom forecourt. Computer drives are notoriously littered with redundant folders called 'New Folder'. And there is an area of southern England called The New Forest which was marked out and named as such by William The Conqueror almost a thousand years ago. Like the city of Newcastle, the word 'new' eventually just becomes part of the history of a thing. The name 'The New Yes Fans' will always indicate and memorialize the fact that there was a previous version, even long after its demise
    Very good point!

Leave a comment:

• ragtime
    replied
    Last edited by ragtime; 12-01-2021, 09:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Camphire
    replied
    Originally posted by RelayerI View Post

At which time we're Old New Yesfans, or Yesfans #2, or...something.

Yesfans with a new keyboard player.

Leave a comment:

• RelayerI
    replied
    Originally posted by Susanne View Post
    I like it. My only issue with it is that, after some time, this site will no longer be so new!
    At which time we're Old New Yesfans, or Yesfans #2, or...something.

Leave a comment:

• luvyesmusic
    replied
    How about changing it to The Nude Yes Fans? ;-) LOL

Leave a comment:

• Susanne
    replied
    I like it. My only issue with it is that, after some time, this site will no longer be so new! (This may well have already been pointed out elsewhere on the site. I'm still catching up.)

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    Holy psychadelic peacocks!!!

ELECTRIFY EVERYTHING

Leave a comment:

• PeterCologne
    replied
    I think it's ok, it's more edgy than the Dean-Logo

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    It's grown on me. It is bold with a kind of Superman vibe. Up! Up! And away!

ELECTRIFY EVERYTHING

Leave a comment:

• 1yesfan
    replied
    I like the new logo now I'd put color into the white portions of the logo.

Leave a comment:

• luvyesmusic
    replied
    Perhaps, if someone talks to Geoff, or Billy, they can ask Roger for a logo designed for this place, too?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X